Fallout New Vegas Will Not Stop Crashing in OWB!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Fallout New Vegas Will Not Stop Crashing in OWB!

User Info: spindaa

spindaa
2 months ago#1
This problem has started about a week ago, and my enjoyment of the game is quickly depleting because of this issue. I am about half way through OWB, and I recently forgot to plug in my computer, resulting in it powering down due to low power. This is when my problem started. I booted up the game, and I have a 50% chance of my game crashing when fast traveling or entering an area that needs a loading screen. I kid you not, I have tried everything I was able to find on the internet on how to fix this. I have disabled auto saving, waited around 4 days in game for everything to reset, downloaded several mods (Mission Mojave, NVAC, etc.) which help stop crashing, everything! I really want to finish all the F:NV DLC, so if anyone knows ANYTHING on how to fix this, please send it my way!

User Info: red255

red255
2 months ago#2
try equipping a different weapon. Dunno some of the DLC weapons seem to bug my guy out when carrying them.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

spindaa
2 months ago#3
red255 posted...
try equipping a different weapon. Dunno some of the DLC weapons seem to bug my guy out when carrying them.

Nope, that's not it. I had Joshua Graham's armor on, and took it off. The game still kept crashing.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
2 months ago#4
Here are a couple of suggestions I found that you didn't mention trying:

@EVERYONE CTD when trying to fast travel in Big Mt. You will CTD if you have ANY of the Sink upgrades in your inventory! You will also CTD if you have either of the X-8 holodisks in your inventory that are for the gene splicing terminal that is in X-8. Use the holodisks and take the upgrades to the Sink and install them. Fast travel will then work again.

OWB crashes on fast travel due to the personaility files for the Sink being in your inventroy.
Same thing happened when the game first came out due to Caravan cards. ( Which they fixed )
But not OWB.
So when you find a Sink personaltity file..just walk back to the Sink and plug it in.
Once you've plugged it in you can fast travel again.

I've also seen deleting your autosave files may help.

If you are not already using it, try the FNV 4GB Memory Extender mod - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/?

And New Vegas Script Extender - http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Those REALLY help stabilize the game. Good Luck!
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

spindaa
2 months ago#5
Evil_Geoff posted...
Here are a couple of suggestions I found that you didn't mention trying:

@EVERYONE CTD when trying to fast travel in Big Mt. You will CTD if you have ANY of the Sink upgrades in your inventory! You will also CTD if you have either of the X-8 holodisks in your inventory that are for the gene splicing terminal that is in X-8. Use the holodisks and take the upgrades to the Sink and install them. Fast travel will then work again.

OWB crashes on fast travel due to the personaility files for the Sink being in your inventroy.
Same thing happened when the game first came out due to Caravan cards. ( Which they fixed )
But not OWB.
So when you find a Sink personaltity file..just walk back to the Sink and plug it in.
Once you've plugged it in you can fast travel again.

I've also seen deleting your autosave files may help.

If you are not already using it, try the FNV 4GB Memory Extender mod - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/?

And New Vegas Script Extender - http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Those REALLY help stabilize the game. Good Luck!

Now that you mention it, my problem started when I got my first sink upgrade. I went in and installed all the Sink upgrades I had. I've been playing for an hour now and no crashing at all! Thank you so much, appreciate the help! :)

User Info: NecroShade666

NecroShade666
2 months ago#6
I'm guessing maybe your comp powered down while the game was in mid-save, and it corrupted the file. Try starting from your last most recent save (even if it means losing tons of progress, it might be the only way.) Hope this helps.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Fallout New Vegas Will Not Stop Crashing in OWB!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived