Best way to handle the ghost people (no stealth required!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Best way to handle the ghost people (no stealth required!)

User Info: NecroShade666

NecroShade666
2 months ago#1
I'm sure most people who've played the Dead Money DLC are fully aware of how annoying it is (especially at the beginning and end) to have to fight the ridiculously overpowered inhabitants of the villa, the ghost people, after having all your gear taken away and being thrown right into the middle of them with no armor and nothing but a s***ty holorifle to start with. I used to think that sneaking was key, having to scavenge for anything and everything until you eventually have a few basic weapons and enough snack foods to keep yourself alive from the heavy damage youll be taking from both the ghosts and the clouds of noxious gas everywhere. But, there's one simple perk that's helpful beyond measure when dealing with this: Paralyzing Palm. Now normally, this perk isn't all that useful, but once you're given no choice but to face enemies who both take and deal great amounts of damage with little or no armor and a knife spear, the perk's appeal becomes quite obvious. Simply go into vats without a weapon and target one of them 4 or 5 times, and BOOM, suddenly, the odds are made even since the ghost will be paralyzed on the ground for half a minute, more than enough time to whip out a knife and mash the swing button as quickly as you can on (IMPORTANT) one of their LIMBS. Cosmic knives and knife spears do bonus limb damage, so take advantage of this and target one limb to slash at, otherwise killing them will be even more difficult. Even towards the end of the DLC, after id already found decent armor and the vending code for stimpaks, I found myself dying when facing groups of them, and there just wasnt any MF cells to be found for the holorifle, so I used this same vats method, only targeting all of them at once (though you should definitely always try to paralyze the trappers first). And yeah, it's as simple as that, paralyze them as many times as it takes for your spear jabs to kill the f***ers, or just to get out of there when needed to heal or simply just run past them if your situation is desperate and you dont have the health to fight them. For some, it might not be worth spending a perk on, but it definitely was for me when i played this in hardcore mode on very hard difficulty. Hope someone finds this useful in some way.

User Info: Blackest_Knight

Blackest_Knight
2 months ago#2
If you come into Dead Money with 75 Unarmed skill for VATS Crosses, you can dunk on the Ghost People with that and a Bear Trap Fist.
It's rare and unexpected, but strangely beautiful, like a unicorn using his horn to gore a priest.
-tibyon

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
2 months ago#3
Why do people still make walls of texts in this day and age?
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: red255

red255
2 months ago#4
ghost people you body shot with the holo rifle then you stab them with a knife. why is that s***ty? it takes one round. or you could use the police pistol or automatic rifle or caravan shotgun.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
2 months ago#5
Running out of ammo and/or Holorifle durability is a very real problem, especially for players who haven't played through Dead Money before and don't know how many ghost people (or anything else) they'll have to fight, and therefore won't know when they'll need ammo, or where (or how) to get (or use) the mods.

Melee/unarmed with the ghost people's own weapons makes a lot of sense for most people, especially since most of the available melee/unarmed weapons have bonus limb damage which can allow you to kill the ghost people effectively, which is different from most normal enemies.

red255
2 months ago#6
if you say so. you can make 25 small fusion cells from all the various micro fusion batteries lying around and turn those into the ammo for the holorifle. theres a workbench in the first area.

plenty of ammo in my opinion, its 'sorta' rare but not really.I probably don't use more than 100 rounds the entire DLC, and theres tons of energy weapon ammo around.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
2 months ago#7
Man, I f***ing love Dead Money. Speakers can be a real pain in the ass, but otherwise it's so much fun.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

red255
1 month ago#8
main thing I got against dead money is well like all DLC, it gives you too much candy 1100 chips a day.

20 chips a stimpack

20 chips a weapon repair kit. plenty of .308 and .357 ammo from the machines.

User Info: marrax

marrax
1 month ago#9
There's no scarcity really, and you can get a Cosmic Knife very quickly, all you need to slice up your first couple of ghosts and grab a knife spear. Police Pistol is junk, even with 100 Guns. Holorifle works much better, even with low Energy Weapons. Jury Rigging and Thems Good Eatins are essential to my mind (the latter especially so in Hardcore). Once you raid the Police Station you'll have good armor.

Dog is the best companion, again even with low Melee you can handle one or two ghosts with a Cosmic Knife Spear no worries.

I had more trouble with the cloud and speakers than the ghosts.

Based on Hard difficulty+Hardcore, Level 30+, did a run the past few nights.
i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 8Gb DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6Gb | Win10 Pro

User Info: noyono

noyono
1 month ago#10
I pretty much already did this just with the ranger take down instead though the paralyzing palm would work much better
I don't know.
-Me
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Best way to handle the ghost people (no stealth required!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived