Best graphic mods

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Best graphic mods

User Info: FireKatKid

FireKatKid
2 months ago#1
Hey, what would you guys say would be the best graphic mods?
I mean textures, meshes, remodels, all that good stuff.
The only thing I would prefer not to have are the ones that add this or that fauna, instead of remaking the ones there. Mostly because I want it to keep that desert look to it they have going (sans Honest Hearts and such, of course). Any suggestions?
-------------------------------------
Pac-Man is just a horror story the main characters from Marble Madness tell their children to get them to sleep.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
2 months ago#2
They should have a button on all Bethesda game forums that automatically adds:

Go to the Nexus
Check the top mods
Download what looks good to you.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#3
I use, among others, the Amidianborn textures (book of water, steel, etc), NMC texture packs, Ojo Bueno, EVE, Wasteland Flora Overhaul, UHQ Terrain and Nevada Skies.
Also look into lighting mods, they do a great job of enhancing the look of the game. Don't remember which are best and what combinations, some of them make interiors way too dark (a lightbulb doesn't illuminate just one square meter, have they ever seen a light in a room?)
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: SoIidLegacy

SoIidLegacy
4 weeks ago#4
I don't really use graphic-enhancing mods myself, as I think the game looks fine for the most part, though I do recommend the Character Overhaul mod. Not only does it give you a lot of new faces to look at, but you also have a lot more options when creating your character (including ghoul-looks).

When installing, make sure to enable enhanced teeth as well. It may seem like a useless detail, but I tried it without enhanced teeth at first and everyone's mouth was bright pink.
'It's better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life.'

User Info: FireKatKid

FireKatKid
4 weeks ago#5
SoIidLegacy posted...
I don't really use graphic-enhancing mods myself, as I think the game looks fine for the most part, though I do recommend the Character Overhaul mod. Not only does it give you a lot of new faces to look at, but you also have a lot more options when creating your character (including ghoul-looks).

When installing, make sure to enable enhanced teeth as well. It may seem like a useless detail, but I tried it without enhanced teeth at first and everyone's mouth was bright pink.

I wouldn't want to see those teeth, but that sounds hilarious. I guess too much Sierra Madre Martinis will have adverse effects...
-------------------------------------
Pac-Man is just a horror story the main characters from Marble Madness tell their children to get them to sleep.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Best graphic mods

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.