Coming back to this game after playing Fallout 4 is physically painful

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Coming back to this game after playing Fallout 4 is physically painful

User Info: Chr0noid

Chr0noid
2 months ago#1
The gunplay is so god awful I can barely hit anything now. Remake when?
We are so dead. But at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O

User Info: Darksteel

Darksteel
2 months ago#2
Vanilla NV didn't age well, but modded is tons of fun. Get Project Nevada if you want to overhaul it.
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
2 months ago#3
Vats?
Pineapple on pizza

User Info: C_Cole14

C_Cole14
2 months ago#4
cbgreely posted...
Vats?

Sigh
Psn: C_Cole96

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
2 months ago#5
I absolutely hate V.A.T.S and I wish they never introduced it into the game. Sure it's fun shooting the grenade out of a raider's hand, but that charm wears off when you realize you can easily clear the entire area in the time it takes V.A.T.S to go through one cycle.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 months ago#6
V.A.T.S. adds the RPG element to the combat. Without it it's just a fps. F4's combat is a huge improvement but even there I prefer VATS over actually shooting the guns myself? Why? Because I enjoy rpgs and there are endless amounts of fps games I could play instead if I wanted that.

User Info: Crazyman93

Crazyman93
2 months ago#7
I know, it hurts when you realize how bland Fallout 4 actually is.
let's lubricate friction material!
~nickels, Cars & Trucks

STG Deathbot
2 months ago#8
I don't think you understand what bland means.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: red255

red255
2 months ago#9
Fallout 4 is pretty empty. I bought the base game with no DLC, and theres basically the main quest, and the settlement system.

which apparently was enough for them to consider it a game.

the gun overhauls were fun but you could get that from a mod for new vegas.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

STG Deathbot
2 months ago#10
What were you expecting? This isn't Fallout 1/2 anymore and people who still expect that type of game from Bethesda are living in a dream world. The combat and exploration is a lot more fun and fulfilling in Fallout 4 than previous games, but they made it blatantly clear with Fallout 3 that they were not going to continue down the same path as Black Isles.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Coming back to this game after playing Fallout 4 is physically painful

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.