what kind of DRM will this game use? will it also have 3 activation counts?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
  3. what kind of DRM will this game use? will it also have 3 activation counts?

User Info: chapman86

chapman86
7 years ago#1

I remember Clear sky had 3 activation limits and that made me not preorder the game. I wonder what the new DRM system will be for the Call of Pripyat.

User Info: Phil_2010

Phil_2010
7 years ago#2
What are you a robot? Even if the game has only 3 activation limits.. just download the game it and use a fix and play for eternity. You bought the game right? So what is the difference between your CD and a copy(of course I mean that the fix is working %100 right)? You can RIP your Redbook CDs into mp3 and FLACs right? It's the same here.

User Info: Phil_2010

Phil_2010
7 years ago#3
Whenever I want to play the first Stalker I always use a crack, Im using the CD only for the game install. If I don't use a fix then I must install the StarForce drivers and then everytime I need to put the CD in and check it.. that's not a commodity. The important thing is that you've got the game from those who made and you contribute instead of stealing it and then you use it just like a thief uses his stuff.

At least in the last Stalker games it lets you play without a CD check for a couple of days, but I still don't like the StarForce drivers.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
  3. what kind of DRM will this game use? will it also have 3 activation counts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived