Underrated characters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Blazing Souls: Accelate
  3. Underrated characters?

User Info: jada99x

jada99x
6 years ago#11
Also on that very same map the curtana's dropped by dark dragon's also converts into AGL clays.

User Info: metlspaz4

metlspaz4
6 years ago#12
jada99x posted...
metlspaz4 posted...

btw yeah, dont bother with AGL clays, they end up proving useless once you pass the quadratic curve in speed anyway.
only 3 things will help break that: Satori, Acceleration, concentration

Only Acceleration affect's speed out of those three and also considering the ease of gathering AGL clays it helps cut down on the amount of grind you have to do getting character's to the speed you want by leveling and it gives AVD

but you shouldnt waste clay spots on it, although 2 of them do not affect your "speed" they increase the same stats the AGL clays increase, while acceleration only offers speed and no stats,
its nice and all to have the AGL clay until you might realize your damage lacking, and your "natural" speed insufficient.
the general way, my favorite as well as taken from most players Ive seen excel at this game is: invest PP into VIT until 100 or 125 depending, then pump your AGL to 414 or 400 range, clays meant only for ATK+, MAG+, or on tanks/healers RST+, DEF+
a VIT+ clay isnt bad to have either.
your personal level points you should assign to your remaining stats.
I kinda didnt follow this method exactly.
I pumped to 112 VIT, 150AGL, 75LUK, 75INT on all my team members and 2 or 3 others which I regret.

I invested into AGL with personals now up to 200 on all team, and 100+ INT on all members (for rst boost) 100+ LUK for avd and hit. on attackers STR to 120-150, on mages 150-200INT.
without weapon boosts.
I find that no doppelgangers thus far has avoided my hits, outsped me, or even managed to kill me.
ST 1-3 even with their specials couldnt do it either, altho due to their tremendous HP it dragged out to almost 100 turns, which is like the longest fight i ever get.

then again I suppose my strategy is purely overpower and beat the cr ap outta the enemy.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

User Info: FuhFuhFresh

FuhFuhFresh
6 years ago#13
Al is that low? Maybe I just never got great results out of Roze and Yunellia.

I didn't see that ranking, dude... I thought that was that excel spreadsheet that had like 5 people on it.

I'll revisit this later.
Optimization fiend. Current obsession: Blazing Souls Accelate

metlspaz4
6 years ago#14
FuhFuhFresh posted...
Al is that low? Maybe I just never got great results out of Roze and Yunellia.

I didn't see that ranking, dude... I thought that was that excel spreadsheet that had like 5 people on it.

I'll revisit this later.

well he can outrank rose if you use him well, since rose is almost more a magic user, it is just that her stats have overall less total, like 58, while Al is set at 60 like a standard character.
most characters fall under:
58- great
60 average
62- bad

aria is a 62, however she has a 16 in str as we ended up seeing in the later levels which she doesnt use anyway, so she is decent.
60 is lydia and al (others too, but i remember them off the top of my head) even 12s across the board

58 is the spectral souls characters, zelos, hermes and some others I cannot remember
they have a 10-12-12-12-12 spread.

but like with anyone, if you have the points to burn you can make anyone strong, however if 2 different characters all FULLY stat capped (9999 in all) like for instance, Zelos vs Adelle.
Zelos would win due to his latent abilities, and overdrive which can push him over the limit for 3 turns.
or
Carla vs Aria, Carla would win due to magic boost which can exceed the natural limit of 9999 for a brief 2-3 turns
self-buffs do not follow the rules as much XD. Generally self-buffers at max statted are bound to be better, so Sciorra has that potential with feral rampage too.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

jada99x
6 years ago#15
It's not possible to raise a stat past it's base 999 hard cap with level up points. Once a stat is at that point it cannot be raised anymore other than through equipments bonus stats. While I don't necessarily agree with your views on the characters in your write-up as I feel not every character was given a fair chance and in most cases consists of contradicting views, to each his own I suppose. For example, on Hiro you called acceleration useless while she has critical break, a potential that boosts magical damage on a character focused heavily towards physical. The only thing I was just saying is that Al has the best slot make up for those high tier hybrid combos and while swordsman may not be great at spells from your view, spells are simply much stronger in this game to physical abilities. I'm not sure if it's just that enemies have in most cases much less RST but I'm sure you've probably noticed that a character don't need the same amount of ATK as MAG for spells to do competitive damage to physical ones. PS. Wind slots are far from useless as those characters can be equipped with the ever useful Move Charge spell for a measly 4 ap provides incredible mobility.

metlspaz4
6 years ago#16
jada99x posted...
It's not possible to raise a stat past it's base 999 hard cap with level up points. Once a stat is at that point it cannot be raised anymore other than through equipments bonus stats. While I don't necessarily agree with your views on the characters in your write-up as I feel not every character was given a fair chance and in most cases consists of contradicting views, to each his own I suppose. For example, on Hiro you called acceleration useless while she has critical break, a potential that boosts magical damage on a character focused heavily towards physical. The only thing I was just saying is that Al has the best slot make up for those high tier hybrid combos and while swordsman may not be great at spells from your view, spells are simply much stronger in this game to physical abilities. I'm not sure if it's just that enemies have in most cases much less RST but I'm sure you've probably noticed that a character don't need the same amount of ATK as MAG for spells to do competitive damage to physical ones. PS. Wind slots are far from useless as those characters can be equipped with the ever useful Move Charge spell for a measly 4 ap provides incredible mobility.

you know that on hiro... you dont have to get critical break... depending on when you choose to class upgrade, I forget what she gets instead, but I believe it is better.

metlspaz4
6 years ago#17
metlspaz4 posted...
jada99x posted...

you know that on hiro... you dont have to get critical break... depending on when you choose to class upgrade, I forget what she gets instead, but I believe it is better.

whoops sorry for double post:

I didnt review hiro execration did XD.
I reviewed mostly my own team, and a few outliers.
execration put it all together with perhaps a few edits.

I prefer acceleration by far over critical break on hiro O.o i never noticed he put that.

oh and i never use move charge, I use accelerate, my characters all have max movement capabilities already. mov+3s to go around, HP Up+s for all, and Zero Elevation and Floats, altough I still need 2 more to complete that part, so I have Jump+3s instead.
wind is also the weakest element in damage, that is the only uselessless I find in it, while lightning is the highest.
kind of goes like this in tiers:
Tier 1 (top tier): Lightning
Tier 2: Holy, Darkness, Fire
Tier 3: Void (although no one had void resistance so you tend to think it either does a lot or a little, it's just the middleman)
Tier 4: Earth
Tier 5: Wind

and to me the latents have a huge effect as to who I will and will not consider using.
like in a case of bridgette vs carla.
Carla is designed to be in a fight and contribute damage while avoiding it
Bridgette is desgined to farm with Discovery. she has the potential to damage just like anyone else, but is hugely overshadowed by Carla in that regard.
Hermes vs Lydia.
Lydia is another character mroe suited to farming as her stats are just average and plain, with many combo slots. she can go for CP or item farming.
Hermes although not good at farming besides for overkills, has more damage base, gain, and potential than her.

and you are right, not every character is given a fair chance, as they were not designed to be that way otherwise you would try and raise them all, and itd be either
1. dull and boring
2. lengthy
although it could show more variety, with the amount of content already present (ive reached some fights that are still in Japanese and untranslated) it would be almost insane to add that much more.
They designed 2 types mainly:
farmers and fighters.
plus in the world, no one is alike or wed all be happy and equal XD, so why incorporate such ideals into a game?

and yes MAG will ALWAYS do more per point than ATK will.
the reason being, that most bosses focus on physical stats, and that most mages have terrible physical defenses, so they are provided a saving grace of damage bonus.

User Info: FuhFuhFresh

FuhFuhFresh
6 years ago#18
What's untranslated, the end of the ST? Is there anything after ST 25/25?
Optimization fiend. Current obsession: Blazing Souls Accelate

User Info: AethelwolfRos

AethelwolfRos
6 years ago#19
well im kind of wondering how people are having such hard times with dopplegangers...i can easily own the ones of the characters i like in less than 50 turns, probably less than 25.

Isaac is my favorite person and main person, but i also have Kay,zelos,and Noel as backups,currently training Carla, and im probably halfway through the game

Isaac is pretty much my main person, float makes him incredibly strong, being able to run and recover within 2 turns if needed. all his stats except luck are basically balanced, lvl 60, with about 70 in str,vit,agi,and int. hes practically a 1 man army by himself, and when i combnie his 2nd special with noels 2nd special, i get Angel Dust, which just outright obliterates everything in its radius

i guess my post was useless since im not some big game scientist like all of you >.>

jada99x
6 years ago#20
Actually you using Isaac is mainly what this thread is about using characters out of the normal powerhouses. In the character write up it is said that he doesn't do well at killing enemies and the only thing he has going for him is float and being hard to kill. Honestly I find that I like characters with guard and protection shield over ones with parry or magic barrier as their defense because in most cases they end up taking enough damage to be killed before it kicks in and SP attacks completely ignore it which is the real danger from any bosses. What combos does your Isaac uses most and what did you train him to be a fighter that focuses on physical attacks, a caster using magic primarily, or a hybrid fighter using the best of both worlds?
  1. Boards
  2. Blazing Souls: Accelate
  3. Underrated characters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived