Cloyster- Ice Shard or Ice BEAM?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Cloyster- Ice Shard or Ice BEAM?

User Info: Justinge3

Justinge3
7 years ago#1
Right now my Cloyster knows Ice Beam, Spikes, Surf, and ummmm something else. But its ability is Shell armor, im pretty sure, And I just realized how GOOD Ice Shard is with Skill Link. Should I redo the cloyster but with Ice Shard and Skill Link?

User Info: MegaBassFalzar

MegaBassFalzar
7 years ago#2
Do you mean Icicle Spear?
By Right of Blood... by Right of the Seven who wove it, I would see through the veil of time!
The world , as they say, has moved on.

User Info: King_of_Flan

King_of_Flan
7 years ago#3
I think he means Icicle Spear. The only good thing about multi-hit moves is the ability to break subs
|{1n6_0f_F|4n
Every time someone thinks I like flan, I help CK kill cats. Number of cats killed: 23

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
7 years ago#4
When Chomp was still OU, Icicle Spear broke through the Yache Berry and killed it off with skill link. But Cloyster is a bad pokemon, so it wasn't really worth it.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690

User Info: PNTempest

PNTempest
7 years ago#5
we also came up with stuff like bulky scarf glaceon...but we forgot to take into account chain chomp
BladePenguin~Off course you don't get it, It's too advanced for you, hence advance technique.
Proud member of ShinigamiFAQs

User Info: mexicangordo

mexicangordo
7 years ago#6
Cloyster is not a bad pokemon, and has been used plenty of times in OU, it is a hard pokemon to use correctly though, and heavily relies on other tanks and special sponges i.e Swampert/ Blissey.

As for Ice Shard or Ice beam, it depends on your team. I personally like Ice Shard better for my spiking cloyster because I am not trying to deal massive amount of damage to my opponent through attacking. Besides, Cloyster is rather on the slow slide.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Cloyster- Ice Shard or Ice BEAM?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived