Is this a good team for in-game only?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Is this a good team for in-game only?

User Info: Jogurt13

Jogurt13
3 years ago#1
Typhlosion

Crobat

Heracross

Ampharos

Espeon/Umbreon

Lapras

I'm planning on buying the game soon. Please feel free to change the team up. But no legendaries please. Also again, this is a team for in game purposes. Also I haven't though of movesets yet. So please include them in your posts. But it isn't required. Thanks!

User Info: Jogurt13

Jogurt13
3 years ago#2
Also, I forgot to add I cannot get any pokemon from trading. I want them to be catchable from this game only. Thanks again.

User Info: SinisterSandman

SinisterSandman
3 years ago#3
Looks good to me.

If you're interested in getting a certain stat variance:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3968/pokemonz.png
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"

User Info: Matty0289

Matty0289
3 years ago#4
Jogurt13 posted...
Typhlosion

Crobat

Heracross

Ampharos

Espeon/Umbreon

Lapras

I'm planning on buying the game soon. Please feel free to change the team up. But no legendaries please. Also again, this is a team for in game purposes. Also I haven't though of movesets yet. So please include them in your posts. But it isn't required. Thanks!

Plz don't go Ampharos. Everyone goes it, it's highly overrated. =-P
If you insist on using Electric type, use something unique. Not sure what. As you can see, I didn't have an Electric type. I just taught "Thunder" to my Gyrados, and it sufficed for me.

I used Typhlosion, Umbreon, Alakazam, Gyrados, Feraligator, Meganium on my playthrough. (Before I started my game, me & my friend started new game & traded a few times*, so I could get all 3 Starters at once.
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf

User Info: JamieK1981

JamieK1981
3 years ago#5
Well, you do lack the pokemon that will get past the first gym, i don't believe you can get marsheep or whatever it is prior to the gym.

I am sure you can just use any non-grass or bug or fighting type and be fine.....just pointing it out.

User Info: JamieK1981

JamieK1981
3 years ago#6
Matty0289 posted...
Jogurt13 posted...
Typhlosion

Crobat

Heracross

Ampharos

Espeon/Umbreon

Lapras

Plz don't go Ampharos. Everyone goes it, it's highly overrated. =-P
If you insist on using Electric type, use something unique. Not sure what. As you can see, I didn't have an Electric type. I just taught "Thunder" to my Gyrados, and it sufficed for me.

I used Typhlosion, Umbreon, Alakazam, Gyrados, Feraligator, Meganium on my playthrough. (Before I started my game, me & my friend started new game & traded a few times*, so I could get all 3 Starters at once.

I could say the same about EV and IV training, don't do it, everyone does it, its so overrated. lol :p

User Info: SinisterSandman

SinisterSandman
3 years ago#7
JamieK1981 posted...
Well, you do lack the pokemon that will get past the first gym, i don't believe you can get marsheep or whatever it is prior to the gym.

I am sure you can just use any non-grass or bug or fighting type and be fine.....just pointing it out.

Mareep is EASY to get pre-Falkner. Either the Egg from Primo or in the grass south of Falkner's town.
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"

User Info: Matty0289

Matty0289
3 years ago#8
JamieK1981 posted...
I could say the same about EV and IV training, don't do it, everyone does it, its so overrated. lol :p

Honestly, I don't even know what you mean by this. Lol. Do you mean people using Eevee?

Pokemon Gold & HeartGold versions are the only game I've ever used Eevee in. I didn't even use it back in Red,Blue, Yellow. Umbreon is just pretty, so that's why I like it. =-)
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf

User Info: gundambot1

gundambot1
3 years ago#9
that's a pretty good team actually

User Info: temoorashraf

temoorashraf
3 years ago#10
Matty0289 posted...
JamieK1981 posted...

Honestly, I don't even know what you mean by this. Lol. Do you mean people using Eevee?

Pokemon Gold & HeartGold versions are the only game I've ever used Eevee in. I didn't even use it back in Red,Blue, Yellow. Umbreon is just pretty, so that's why I like it. =-)

I have only played soul silver,and from what I read online its a way to train your pokemon effectively. I never tried it myself because it seems like a lot of work, and I never play online.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Is this a good team for in-game only?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived