Elite 4 round 1... help please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Elite 4 round 1... help please

User Info: QuiteSavage

QuiteSavage
1 year ago#1
I have been training like crazy and I just took on the elite 4 and lost, miserably too, I made it to the 4th member and only with like 8 revives and multiple potions, status healers, etc., then lost... So here is my team:

Fearow, lvl 46:fly, assurance, Aerial ace, roost

Lapras, lvl 46: Whirlpool, perish song, ice beam, surf

Heracross, lvl 46: Aerial ace, reversal, horn attack, close combat

Meganium, lvl 53: Petal dance, synthesis, razor leaf, poison powder

Graveler, lvl 45: Strength, rollout, rock smash, earthquake

Dragonair, lvl 45: Waterfall, dragon pulse, dragon rush, Thunder wave

So I'm open to anything and I appreciate all answers, thanks!

(Also this is my first pokemon game and I'm ultra-noob)

User Info: MasterGakke

MasterGakke
1 year ago#2
You picked the grass starter? It's hopeless. >___>

Anyway, get some levels and some TMs for better moves. I'm hardly an expert or anything but I ain't seeing many of my go to power moves for this game on your mons. Pull up a TM list and get a bunch of s*** that has 80+ power. Lots of mons have good moves that you can only learn with Heart Scales at Blackthorn City, so get a bunch of those and see what power moves you can learn.

Also, how you gonna be trying to bring a Dragonair to the Final 4? Dragonite that guy ASAP. Also Ho-Oh is a beast and an easy upgrade over Fearow, who's kinda meh. Go catch him, it's not really that hard.

Don't be afraid to grind a lot now, too. After you beat the Elite 4 you won't have to grind again for a long time. You go to a whole new area where you can just stroll through fighting trainers and gyms in very quick succession without having to fight wild pokemon almost at all. It was my favorite part of the game, just a good long session of you strolling around using your power guys you grinded up for the Elite 4 to stomp all over dozens of higher level trainers.
All generalizations are false, including this one.

User Info: QuiteSavage

QuiteSavage
1 year ago#3
MasterGakke posted...
You picked the grass starter? It's hopeless. >___>

. Also Ho-Oh is a beast and an easy upgrade over Fearow, who's kinda meh. Go catch him, it's not really that hard.

I have ho-oh Idk why I'm not using.... thx for help!

User Info: MasterGakke

MasterGakke
1 year ago#4
If you're using Ho-Oh, it's best move is unlocked with a Heart Scale in Blackthorn City. It's called Brave Bird.
All generalizations are false, including this one.

User Info: knightseed

knightseed
1 year ago#5
MasterGakke posted...
If you're using Ho-Oh, it's best move is unlocked with a Heart Scale in Blackthorn City. It's called Brave Bird.

ho oh with brave bird and a item that heals you a small bit when you hit a pokemon`help alot.
Elite 4 was really hard and i had to refight them over and over again so that i could level up alot.
I had a hard time with my tentacruel he has way to many weaknesses.
oh well
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Elite 4 round 1... help please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived