Having trouble beating Lance 1st time around..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Having trouble beating Lance 1st time around..

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy
1 year ago#11
Victory Road.
The good Dungeon Master knows how to roll with the punches. The good Dungeon Master knows how to keeps things fun. The good Dungeon Master is kind, but firm.

User Info: inulvr61998

inulvr61998
1 year ago#12
Yea. I just replayed SS and these games are SO BAD when it comes to gaining experience and leveling up. My team was in the early 40s by the time I got to Lance and that was FAR from being good enough to beat him.

What I recommend you do is challenge trainers through the cell phone feature on the PokeGear. Serebii has a list of trainers you can rematch on each day of the week. They may not give a lot of experience (some give more than others) but it's a start. Plus, if you rebattle a couple of the Gentlemen (e.g. Gentleman Alfred in the Lighthouse) you have listed you can also get a lot of money (especially if you have the Amulet Coin equipped). This will help with buying more potions and revives once you get back to the League. :)
FE Fates Castle Address: 13562-47628-07623-08888

User Info: CombustKen

CombustKen
1 year ago#13
If this is post-game then Mt Silver (Lv 45-55+ Pokemon) If its not then Victory Road is good. Get a Lapras it learns Ice Beam which is 4x Effective + Safeguard + Confuse Ray + Body Slam. It's a real Dragon killer
TooSeismicForYou
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Having trouble beating Lance 1st time around..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived