Would Critdra do its job properly?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Would Critdra do its job properly?

User Info: mrhardy12

mrhardy12
1 year ago#1
Anyone who has used a Kingdra in Gen VI probably knows what it is, but just to clarify - Kingdra with Focus Energy and a Scope Lens can get to 100% critical rate in Gen VI. The thing is... I have found no changes that caused that to become first possible in Gen VI. Base critical chance didn't change, Focus Energy effect didn't change, and Scope Lens didnt get a buff. So, in theory, 100% critical rate Kingdra should be possible in this game, too, right?

I have easy access to all of the things needed for this setup, since I have Platinum and another 3DS. I also plan on doing it anyway since my team doesn't like Rain Dance in single player, so Kingdra just needs Sniper anyway. I just wanted to know if I should expect 100% crit, 75% crit, or 50% crit or even lower with that setup.

Thanks in advance.
MH4U, OR, AC:NL, and Fantasy Life: FC 4897-6142-9063
Do not attack a person directly. Attack the flaws in their logic and let others judge for themselves.

User Info: HoratioCraw

HoratioCraw
1 year ago#2
The critical hit formula changed in gen vi, +3 crit is only 33% chance in this, but 100% in vi

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Critical_hit#Probability_2
grime tegandsara life w/o buildins marin grls joni mitchel bratmobl go sailr slaytr kinny neko case midori
check out my taste at http://last.fm/user/ThomasCraw

mrhardy12
1 year ago#3
Oh, OK. Still, 1/3 crit isn't bad, especially with a team that doesn't like Rain Dance, so Swift Swim is useless, for single player purposes. Thanks.
Do not attack a person directly. Attack the flaws in their logic and let others judge for themselves.

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy
1 year ago#4
They nerfed crits, though. Only +50% damage.
The good Dungeon Master knows how to roll with the punches. The good Dungeon Master knows how to keeps things fun. The good Dungeon Master is kind, but firm.

User Info: Henkco

Henkco
1 year ago#5
hylianarmy posted...

But that's starting in Gen VI. If they're playing Gen IV then it's still a 200% hit.

The thing with Critdra is, critical hits ignore your attack debuffs and the opponent's defense buffs, which means you can spam Draco Meteor all you want without worrying about lowering damage output after use, with a Sniper boost to top it off.

Having 33% chance to double your damage regardless of stat changes that are against you is neat, but it's still lacking compared to abusing 100%. Kingdra still shouldn't disappoint though, and with some hax I'm sure you'll see crits more often than not.

mrhardy12
1 year ago#6
Henkco posted...
hylianarmy posted...

But that's starting in Gen VI. If they're playing Gen IV then it's still a 200% hit.

The thing with Critdra is, critical hits ignore your attack debuffs and the opponent's defense buffs, which means you can spam Draco Meteor all you want without worrying about lowering damage output after use, with a Sniper boost to top it off.

Having 33% chance to double your damage regardless of stat changes that are against you is neat, but it's still lacking compared to abusing 100%. Kingdra still shouldn't disappoint though, and with some hax I'm sure you'll see crits more often than not.

Yeah, playing a Gen IV. Not planning on the Draco Meteor setup now, though, just gonna go for Dragon Pulse. It's primarily to handle the more irritating fights anyway (like Claire's Kingdra). Also, because of Sniper, it's 300% base damage dealt not counting STAB and Super effective. That's still ridiculously good if you get that 1/3 attacks (for single player, anyway).
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Would Critdra do its job properly?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived