are moves in the hyper beam family viable in battle hall?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. are moves in the hyper beam family viable in battle hall?

User Info: wishseeker234

wishseeker234
1 year ago#1
Okay, theorymon discussion.
Battle Hall is basically 1-on-1 standoff, the option that OHKOs (reliably) is the general best option. There is no defensive playing since entry hazards and natural cure becomes useless in this format. Since the aim is end the match as soon as possible, would STABed Hyper Beam and Giga Impact and their equivalents (i.e. Rock Wrecker, Blast Burn, etc.) suddenly be a good option for sweepers since this format prioritizes immediate power and there is no worry that switching might occur? I mean Giga Impact deals more damage than non-STABed Return. I mean the only downside is if it misses. And if the move is NVE, the battler can just use a coverage option with choice items to get over the opponent in theory. So are 150 BP moves good in Battle Hall?
Can't think of anything witty to say.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
1 year ago#2
They're still not "good", because if you don't OHKO, then you lose the match. Regular moves are safer since you can get a 2HKO safely.

But relatively speaking, they are technically "more viable" in Battle Hall than they are in standard battles.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. are moves in the hyper beam family viable in battle hall?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived