How can you remove HM Moves before reaching Blackthorn City?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. How can you remove HM Moves before reaching Blackthorn City?

User Info: KarmaCharmeleon

KarmaCharmeleon
1 year ago#1
There's another way to remove the learned HM Move: let them stay at the Pokemon Day Care. Why? In Day Care, Pokemon can learn new moves (whenever it reaches a certain level), while it deletes the first move in your Pokemon's moveset.
Tip: Pokemon Day Care is located in Route 34, between Ilex Forest and Goldenrod City.

For example, I have a Togetic. It's current level is 23, it's last move learned (by way of leveling up) was Encore, and Togetic's lvl at that moment was 19. And you want Togetic to forget its "Rock smash" move.
So, first, switch 'Rock Smash' to the first move of Togetic. Then enter DayCare and leave Togetic to the DayCare Lady. Then walk like around 2,000 steps, and look if Togetic's level reached 24. If it does, take it. And Rock Smash is gone, while Togetic learned a new move 'Follow Me'.

Tip: The number of steps you made will be also the number of exp points that will be added to your Pokemon/s' at DayCare. You can know how many exp points the Pokemon needed to level up, and then you take the same number of steps with the same amount of exp points needed.

Try to know what was the recent level your Pokemon was when it's trying to learn the most recent move by way of leveling up. And the target level is 4-6 lvls after that level. Make your Pokemon reach that target level.

I know it's confusing to learn at first, but it's easier if you can research the move learnset of Pokemons you're carrying with so you should know what level they'll learn a new move.

User Info: KarmaCharmeleon

KarmaCharmeleon
1 year ago#2
I forgot to say that you can use a bike instead of walking or running for acquiring steps quicker.
I tried this and it worked.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. How can you remove HM Moves before reaching Blackthorn City?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived