Where is Houndour ???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Where is Houndour ???

User Info: supermario8888

supermario8888
8 years ago#1
To those folks who have HG/SS where can you find a Houndour in the game? How early (and no I don't want to trade one in). Also what is the choice of fire pokemon that the game provides... is it batter then what it used to be? I'm asking because I will not be taking a Cyindaquil (not a fan).

User Info: miamiheatballa3

miamiheatballa3
8 years ago#2
I'm not sure if it's changed but in GSC the earliest you could get one is in Kanto in the small route east of Celadon at night.
Platinum FC: 3781 4896 9585 (use this one unless specified)
Diamond FC: 2492 9526 8359

User Info: OMG_manbearpig

OMG_manbearpig
8 years ago#3
G/S/C had a pretty good selection of Fire Pokemon regardless.. it was D/P that sucked at it..

Anyway, I'd also like to know the answer to this question considering that Murkrow/Misdreavus can be found in the Safari Zone, Sneasel is in the Ice Cave, and Larvitar swarms in the Dark Cave.. I really hope Houndour is in Johto this time around.
You lost The Game

User Info: Milso

Milso
8 years ago#4
It's the same as before, you can't catch Houndour until Celadon.
rawr

User Info: supermario8888

supermario8888
8 years ago#5
That sucks that they kept it the same. It means that we will be stuck with a Growlithe till Cerulean City.

User Info: vital_tundra

vital_tundra
8 years ago#6
they should of put hound/larvi/krow/mis in jhoto, and certain others in kanto
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my Dad things would be differernt around here.

User Info: SilentWanderer

SilentWanderer
8 years ago#7
Or you can trade for a Houndour.
---[Insert signature here]---

User Info: hinode

hinode
8 years ago#8
Magmar is your best bet for a fire type in this game, assuming you don't pick Cyndaquil and don't intend on using Ho-oh or Entei. It's available in the Burnt Tower like in GS.

You'll need luck to get a Fire Stone before Kanto, and Magmar is a lot better than Growlithe or Vulpix.

User Info: Ubergeneral3

Ubergeneral3
8 years ago#9
out of curiousity can you evovle magmar before you get the national dex?
Samerle 70 F human mage. Time to 70 30 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes, 31 seconds. Server Shandris

User Info: imranism

imranism
8 years ago#10
If you have the Magmizer (fff I probably spelled that wrong. ><).
I don't think it'll be available 'til afterward though since it isn't in the Johto dex. You can always trade for it though?
[Platinum FC] Blue / 5112-9378-0601
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Where is Houndour ???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived