Bug contest shiny stone - possible to get pre national dex?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Bug contest shiny stone - possible to get pre national dex?

User Info: Disturbed13

Disturbed13
7 years ago#1
Been doing a bit of research - togetic is worthless to me unless i can evolve him before the elite 4. Anyways, the other methods of getting shiny stones require the national dex, but I have yet to see any information claim that you have to have the national dex to get the shiny stone as a reward for winning the bug hunting contest. Can anyone confirm whether I can get a shiny stone in this manner before I get the national dex?

Anyways, if I can do this, i can only try the contest once per day whem it is available, right? Also, I can change the day/time on my DS itself to make it a day when the contest is being run?

Thanks

Disturbed13
7 years ago#2
Bring Up My Post

AKA....

***BUMP***

User Info: Fullmetal_77

Fullmetal_77
7 years ago#3
You can't get a shiny stone from the BCC until after the national dex.

You can buy a Shiny Stone for 3000 athlete points in the Pokethlon on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
"bye the way i'm 14 years old so I'm not a litle kid like you want to belief" - bowser32
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 2150-0335-6522

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
7 years ago#4
Pre-National Dex, the Bug-Catching Contest prizes are:

1st Place: Sun Stone
2nd Place: Everstone
3rd Place: Sitrus Berry
Consolation Prize: Shed Shell

Sorry, you're out of luck.

Also, if the Shiny Stone really was accessible pre-National Dex, wouldn't Togekiss have been in the Johto Dex?
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
7 years ago#5

You can buy a Shiny Stone for 3000 athlete points in the Pokethlon on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Not pre-National Dex.

Pre-National Dex Pokeathlon prizes:

Sunday: Red Apricorn (200 points), Blue Apricorn (200 points), Black Apricorn (200 points), Moomoo Milk (100 points), King's Rock (3,000 points), and Heart Scale (1,000 points)
Monday: Red Apricorn (200 points), Blue Apricorn (200 points), Green Apricorn (200 points), Moomoo Milk (100 points), Moon Stone (3,000 points), and Rare Candy (2,000 points)
Tuesday: Yellow Apricorn (200 points), Pink Apricorn (200 points), White Apricorn (200 points), Moomoo Milk (100 points), Fire Stone (2,500 points), and PP Up (1,000 points)
Wednesday: Blue Apricorn (200 points), Pink Apricorn (200 points), Black Apricorn (200 points), Moomoo Milk (100 points), Water Stone (2,500 points), and Heart Scale (1,000 points)
Thursday: Yellow Apricorn (200 points), Pink Apricorn (200 points), White Apricorn (200 points), Moomoo Milk (100 points), ThunderStone (2,500 points), and PP Up (1,000 points)
Friday: Red Apricorn (200 points), Yellow Apricorn (200 points), Green Apricorn (200 points), Moomoo Milk (100 points), Metal Coat (2,500 points), and Nugget (500 points)
Saturday: Green Apricorn (200 points), White Apricorn (200 points), Black Apricorn (200 points), Moomoo Milk (100 points), Leaf Stone (2,500 points), and Rare Candy (2,000 points)
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif

User Info: Fullmetal_77

Fullmetal_77
7 years ago#6
Not pre-National Dex.

I blame serebii.net for not having it marked anywhere that the prizes were different on the page I was looking at ( http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/johto/pokethlondome.shtml ). >_>
"bye the way i'm 14 years old so I'm not a litle kid like you want to belief" - bowser32
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 2150-0335-6522

Disturbed13
7 years ago#7
Hmm, i odd that serebii doesn't list any differences in prizes for the bug contest depending on which pokedex you have... well this sucks. I've spent a little time levelnig my togetic to find out its useless until after i get a national dex at which point i wouldn't use it anyways because it has a lowsly ability...

Damnit it gamefreaks. Why make a pokemon apart of the plot that sucks until after you'vre cleared everything =/

User Info: GuerillaGorilla

GuerillaGorilla
7 years ago#8
Can't you trade from DPt?
CoDMWR FC code: 3880 2951 5877
SSBB FC code: 5327 5034 4721

User Info: HomeRowed

HomeRowed
7 years ago#9
If you'd like Serebii to change something on the site, email him about it. I asked him if he could separate the pre- and post-National Dex items for the Pokeathlon, and the site was updated shortly afterward.
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i46.tinypic.com/2hp5zid.jpg

Disturbed13
7 years ago#10
So, I still have yet to use the online, but if I understand correctly, I can put a pokemon up for trade on the trade network (or whatever is called) in pearl, then load gold up and then do the same (obviousl with the item attached). Anyways, I assume I can't trade with pearl to do this until I have the National Dex?

I kinda figured that Togeplane may have been a national dex pokemon, however I was thinking he wouldn't as togepi/etic were kind of a big deal at the begginning of the game and they are pretty useless unless fully evolved, bah!, Bah I say!

Thanks ppl
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Bug contest shiny stone - possible to get pre national dex?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived