Help with Pokeathlon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Slowpokes_Slow

Slowpokes_Slow
7 years ago#1
I need help with Circle Push, Pennant Capture, and the Disc Jimp thing

With the push, what is the best strategy? I nearly had it, but Arceus was shoved out of the ring and off the Platform >.>

With the disc one, I heard that you can fly. How?

With Pennant, any tips? I can never ram my opponent's back, but they always ram mine. Halp ;.; Oh, and Control issues keep me from gathering as many as I want. Is there a trick to it, or...?

User Info: 1337_FF_GoD

1337_FF_GoD
7 years ago#2

From: Slowpokes_Slow | Posted: 3/29/2010 12:14:57 PM | #001
With the push, what is the best strategy? I nearly had it, but Arceus was shoved out of the ring and off the Platform >.>

With the disc one, I heard that you can fly. How?

Jump while moving. That's the easiest game.

With Pennant, any tips? I can never ram my opponent's back, but they always ram mine. Halp ;.; Oh, and Control issues keep me from gathering as many as I want. Is there a trick to it, or...?

No tips, the game is just hard. I managed to beat it by 1 point.

Circle Push = High Power and Endurance
Pennant Capture = High Skill and Speed
Disc Jump = High Jump and Speed.

Name: Kraust Pokedex: 315 FC: 4383-4154-1098
Catching Pokemon faster than I know what to do with them

User Info: NESKamikaze

NESKamikaze
7 years ago#3
Circle Push: Always go for the big numbers and use smaller Pokemon so they all three can fit on a five.

Disc Jump: Have a couple Pokemon be in the front to disrupt the CPUs and have your best jump/speed Pokemon sit in the five row to catch everything.

Pennant Capture: I don't know if you are going for the Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile score or the potential medal score, because I still haven't gotten the potential medal here. But the best strategy for me is to loop around the edges, because sometimes you can get 7-9 just in one trip. If the loop is empty then cut through the middle and switch out.
Pearl FC: 0688 7099 9636
Name: KamikaZ

User Info: Shadowater68

Shadowater68
7 years ago#4
Circle Push: Always go for the big numbers and use smaller Pokemon so they all three can fit on a five.

Any strong, small Pokemon? Arceus and Giratina are what I have been using (along with Heracross, if I recall) so that I could have the power needed to shove opponents back

Disc Jump: Have a couple Pokemon be in the front to disrupt the CPUs and have your best jump/speed Pokemon sit in the five row to catch everything.

Haven't had much luck with disrupting them. They keep flocking to the back to screw with me ;.;

Pennant Capture: I don't know if you are going for the Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile score or the potential medal score, because I still haven't gotten the potential medal here. But the best strategy for me is to loop around the edges, because sometimes you can get 7-9 just in one trip. If the loop is empty then cut through the middle and switch out.

I''m going for 36+ to beat the Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile score. I do loop around the edges. It's the return trip that kills me. The cpu CAMPS their Pokemon in the later part of the game, waits until I have collected 5+ flags, then rams me in the back, while at the same time managing to avoid all my attempts at ramming them =/
Petition to add the General Pokemon Board to Pokemon Game Split Boards:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=52997926

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived