Can I Get a Firestone Before the Elite Four?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Can I Get a Firestone Before the Elite Four?

User Info: Charging_Zebra

Charging_Zebra
7 years ago#1
I'm trying to find a Fire Stone before the Elite Four so I can evolve my Growlithe.

I'm aware that you can get one in the Pokeathlon, but I apparently need the National Dex for the last six items, and I have to beat the Elite Four to get the National Dex. I'm also aware there are a few ways to get one in the Kanto region, but I have to beat the E4 to get full access to that region.

Are there any ways to get the stone in Johto before beating the Elite Four? I love my Growlithe, but he's not quite the powerhouse fire-type I'm looking to use against the Elite Four. I can always swap him out for Ho-Oh, but I'd prefer an Arcanine to that.

User Info: Hokapage

Hokapage
7 years ago#2
Yeah there is, trade for one >.<
FC - SS - 4684-0710-2053

User Info: Onipaladin

Onipaladin
7 years ago#3
There is a trainer you fight named Alan before you fight the Sudowoodo I believe. He will call you and give you a fire stone =)
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 4854-6080-3737

User Info: ashepp3

ashepp3
7 years ago#4
I got one from the pokeathalon before the Elite Four, I think it was on a Sunday?

User Info: Hokapage

Hokapage
7 years ago#5
Apparently you can get it on tuesday.
FC - SS - 4684-0710-2053

User Info: Charging_Zebra

Charging_Zebra
7 years ago#6
Ah, OK, the prize exchange has one on the first page on tuesday.

Thanks all
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Can I Get a Firestone Before the Elite Four?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived