This has the potential to surpass the originals...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Thief
  3. This has the potential to surpass the originals...

User Info: Thryhring

Thryhring
4 years ago#11
Quit taffing around. :P We'll just have to agree to disagree. It's still one of my favorites.

User Info: Zenrah

Zenrah
4 years ago#12
XeonGQ posted...
I'm also a huge fan of the original Deus Ex, and after so long I was a bit worried about how Human Revolution would turn out. But I think Eidos Montreal took great care in HR and made a great game that respected the original(while also being a big improvement over IW). I'd hope that they take the same care with regards to Thief, which to be honest is a series I treasure much more.

The team working on this is entirely different to the DE:HR team. Regardless, everything that has been revealed so far shows that EM have no respect whatsoever for the Thief games. DS will seem a masterpiece and fully faithful to the originals in comparison.
If the day came when I felt a natural emotion I'd get such a shock I'd probably jump in the ocean.

User Info: Vue35

Vue35
4 years ago#13
Zenrah posted...
XeonGQ posted...
I'm also a huge fan of the original Deus Ex, and after so long I was a bit worried about how Human Revolution would turn out. But I think Eidos Montreal took great care in HR and made a great game that respected the original(while also being a big improvement over IW). I'd hope that they take the same care with regards to Thief, which to be honest is a series I treasure much more.

The team working on this is entirely different to the DE:HR team. Regardless, everything that has been revealed so far shows that EM have no respect whatsoever for the Thief games. DS will seem a masterpiece and fully faithful to the originals in comparison.

Deadly Shadows did stick to the originals awfully well, but this might be a great game, just not a good Thief game.
http://i.imgur.com/yO2JP.png http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llbrieBkab1qh1sico1_500.gif

User Info: TazmanianD

TazmanianD
4 years ago#14
Vue35 posted...
Deadly Shadows did stick to the originals awfully well, but this might be a great game, just not a good Thief game.

Yeah, I agree. I heard people argue that Thief: DS wasn't a real Thief game but I think it was. It had some flaws and wasn't as good as the earlier games but it was still a good game and a Thief game.

I think DX:HR is a great game even if had had nothing to do with the original DX games. It felt a lot more different from the originals than Thief: DS did but I did not find that detracted from it. I guess the bottom line is: will T4 be a good game.
Join the Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera, the successor to Planescape: Torment:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

User Info: wolf rider

wolf rider
4 years ago#15
lol Deadly Shadows. I was dumbfounded that the museum level didn't have a single hidden passage in it.
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.
  1. Boards
  2. Thief
  3. This has the potential to surpass the originals...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived