How do I install the respec potion mod?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. How do I install the respec potion mod?

User Info: Therran81

Therran81
7 years ago#1
I tried putting the media folder into the Torchlight folder, but when I opened a town portal and talked to the general goods merchant, he didn't have any respec potions
So this is how it ends.

User Info: Kain201

Kain201
7 years ago#2
Did you put the mod in the right folder?

Many people do not find the right folder because AppData is hidden.

Try this:

Open your file explorer and type %appdata% in the command line and press enter.

This will open the hidden folder. Next open runic games -> torchlight -> mods and copy the whole mod folder (RespecMod for example) to this place.

Therran81
7 years ago#3
There is a fodler called Application Data, I didn't know I was supposed to put it in there, thanks
So this is how it ends.

Therran81
7 years ago#4
Well, I put it in AppData/runic games/Torchlight/mods, but there are still no respec potion to be found from the general goods merchant
So this is how it ends.

User Info: BobKaare_

BobKaare_
7 years ago#5
It's important that you don't take the separate files and just put it in the "mods" folder, it should all be in a folder with the name of the mod. Like "Respec Potion" or whatever.
Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you'd be a mile away - and have their shoes.

User Info: Sandnite

Sandnite
7 years ago#6
Mine reads as AppData/Roaming/runic games/torchlight/mods/RespectMod/Media under my own username on my comp.

Make sure you don't just put the media folder in the mods, it must be inside the respectmod folder to work

Kain201
7 years ago#7
You wrote in your first comment that you where putting the media folder somewere.

You need a folder higher in the structure, because putting a media folder in the mods folder will not work.

I don't know which respec mod you are using, but I assume you use the one from Tiamat.

the path should look like this:

AppData/runic games/torchlight/mods/RespecMod/Media/...

Kain201
7 years ago#8
There are just too many lurkers on this board, sheesh! ^_^
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. How do I install the respec potion mod?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived