So basically i'm always getting the "did not quit properly the last time it ran"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. So basically i'm always getting the "did not quit properly the last time it ran"

User Info: The_masked_DS

The_masked_DS
6 years ago#1
Then i'm getting the "your computer appears to have changed since the last time you ran CoD, would you like the game to configure itself etc."

I press no, obviously for both. The game starts off fine, but i have to change back my controls, rename my classes and put back on my clan tag again. It's getting quite annoying, not to mention the random crashes. Is there a way to fix this?
ARE YOU OKAY?!!?! BUSTA WOLF!!!!

User Info: keickiebobo

keickiebobo
6 years ago#2

Happens to me also

User Info: 0ut0fAmmo

0ut0fAmmo
6 years ago#3
I get this all time the for BO and CoD4 as well. Not sure what to do about it.
Intel Q6600 Quad-core, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 500GB HD, GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB, Vista 32-bit

User Info: Printul_Noptii

Printul_Noptii
6 years ago#4

I get this a lot in cod4 when I play in windowed mode.

User Info: baddaz22

baddaz22
6 years ago#5
that message only appears if you have to use task manager to close the program down.. unavoidable if you are getting crashes/random freezes etc.

i get the freezes every so often and use task manager but when i press no it doesn't reset any of my controls or classes etc. it shouldn't reset them unless you press yes.

User Info: baddaz22

baddaz22
6 years ago#6
^ i may be thinking of the didn't close down properly message do you want to run in safe mode.... although pressing no shouldn't change any settings on any message.

The_masked_DS
6 years ago#7
Yeah, basically all of the times i have closed Black Ops have been from task manager because it locks up or freezes. I've probably only quit once from the actual menu.

User Info: Insicor

Insicor
6 years ago#8
Weird. I only get this because I have a switchable video card in my laptop, and it'll pop up whenever I start with a different card then before.
Billions and billions...

The_masked_DS
6 years ago#9
I have replaced my video card once, that was before i reformatted and such. Maybe i didn't reinstall the drivers properly?
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. So basically i'm always getting the "did not quit properly the last time it ran"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived