Farm Names

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: chocobogirl17

chocobogirl17
7 years ago#1
I don't know about you guys, but I always use a specific theme in each of my harvest moon games to name everything with. I recently read the book "Howl's Moving Castle" and fell in love with it (it's also my favorite movie) so I will be naming my farm after people and places from that. I was just wondering if anyone else had any names picked out or themes like mine :)
"dilly-dally shilly-shally"
~Aeris "FFVII Advent Children"

User Info: Roemu

Roemu
7 years ago#2
<3 Howl's Moving Castle Movie. I have not had the chance to read the book but I want it! You should get a goat and somehow name her after the Witch of the Waste.

I inevitably name my farm Haven. Hubby names his Pudding!! usually.
bouncy jiggle jiggle swing swing schloop

User Info: irishidid

irishidid
7 years ago#3

Harvest Moon always makes me think Irish so I use names that are Irish. For instance, my farm in RFF is Bean Sidhe. I'll probably do the same for AP.

User Info: chocobogirl17

chocobogirl17
7 years ago#4
Definitely read the book, it made me enjoy the movie even more :). And i think I will make the Witch of the Waste a goat, that would be pretty great, and maybe have be Calcifer one of my house pets(you can name them, right?). I also have a tradition of always naming my first cow Pom Pom from Homestarrunner, regardless of theme :).
"dilly-dally shilly-shally"
~Aeris "FFVII Advent Children"

User Info: DDJ

DDJ
7 years ago#5
I always name my farm Noelle Ranch. That's about all.

I should think about a theme. Usually I name my animals according to individual themes -- last time it was angels for chickens, demons for ducks, Greek mythology for cows, Roman mythology for sheep...
Starred FAQs: 3 / Starred Reviews: 6 / Starred Top 10 Lists: 24
45 - 42; 28 - 23

User Info: Roemu

Roemu
7 years ago#6
Roman mythology for sheep

heheheheh

PomPom! I stopped naming my cows variations of that when they stopped being corpulent.
bouncy jiggle jiggle swing swing schloop

User Info: gigi_gg

gigi_gg
7 years ago#7
Interesting. I haven't heard of that book and I'm looking it up now. (always looking for good reading recs)

I just finished The House At Riverton and I'm currently reading the author's latest, The Forgotten Garden, which I like better than the first. Even still, I don't think I'll use estate names from either - bad karma based on the events of these books.

I 'll be watching this thread for ideas. Thanks!

User Info: Blulightning

Blulightning
7 years ago#8
Anyone know the character limit in AP?

I always get screwed and need 1 more letter......
U r Brane Splode'd!

User Info: gigi_gg

gigi_gg
7 years ago#9
"my farm in RFF is Bean Sidhe"

Isn't the Bean Sidhe (aka banshee) a harbinger of death? Interesting choice.

User Info: DDJ

DDJ
7 years ago#10

Anyone know the character limit in AP?

I always get screwed and need 1 more letter......

I hate how short the character limit usually is. Bah.
Starred FAQs: 3 / Starred Reviews: 7 / Starred Top 10 Lists: 24
45 - 42; 28 - 23

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived