Best Monster-Spells-Traps Deck ratio?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4
  3. Best Monster-Spells-Traps Deck ratio?

User Info: JorRicBut

JorRicBut
7 years ago#1
When you guys build your decks, what the ratio of Monster, Spell and Trap cards you'd use? (AKA How many of each type of card would you have in a deck)

Me, usually I'd try to keep it around 20-10-10 (Monster-Spells-Traps) in a 40-card deck. I did make a couple of decks that have more Spells than Traps, and I may be feeling that that's leaving me pretty open for attack because I don't really have anything to stop it except a couple of "Book of Moon" cards.

Again, what do you think is the best Monster-Spell-Trap ratio to make a deck?
Playing Megaman StarForce ZerkerXNinja
Friend Code: 0088-1149-6452

User Info: kurapika1802

kurapika1802
7 years ago#2
Well its vary,if you use spell counter deck,most card should be spell,if u run uria deck,most card should be continuous trap...

Anyway i usually keep monster at 20,and spell and trap will be 12/8 or 10/10

User Info: BlazeAssassin

BlazeAssassin
7 years ago#3
In a typical case, somewhere around a 2:1:1 ratio is the cookie cutter build. This does vary obviously with deck type though.

User Info: stillthinking22

stillthinking22
7 years ago#4
i'd normally go for a 22-10-8 or a 22-9-9
but it changes alot if its a specific deck e.g 3 of each crystal beast or lightsworns
the deck im running at the mo is 24-9-9 because i need all the cards there for it to work
dam where did i place my quote

User Info: Onewinged_Angel

Onewinged_Angel
7 years ago#5
I currently use 20-14-6. Certainly not gonna say that's the best ratio to use. It's just the ratio I used in my latest deck.
"For as surely as night follows day......there comes a time when even gods must die." Lex Luthor

User Info: melikepizza

melikepizza
7 years ago#6
28-10-3
Judgment x - Duelistgroundz
Format Record - 27-6

User Info: M1DN1T3

M1DN1T3
7 years ago#7
I'm currently running 20-12-8.
I used to run 20-14-6. But it was just too many spells for me. Not enough traps.
But it really all depends on what deck you're running.
Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 FC: 0818-3858-1962 [MIRAGE]

User Info: JorRicBut

JorRicBut
7 years ago#8
Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone else would like to post on here.
Playing Megaman StarForce ZerkerXNinja
Friend Code: 0088-1149-6452

User Info: Belgianblue

Belgianblue
7 years ago#9
Depends on the deck of course, I run a fifth gadget that is 15-14-16, I run a Zombie City that is 18-6-17. For more normal battle-oriented decks I seem to come out around 20 monsters to 21 spells and trap, usually around 12-13 spells and 8-9 traps. Of course more control oriented means more traps, and more battle oriented more spells (like in a decree deck, obviously trap count is minimal, like 4 traps to 16-17 spells. But for some reason i like 41 cards with 20 monsters as a base. Don't ask me why. Just feels comfortable.

User Info: kniteflow

kniteflow
7 years ago#10
stall decks are usually most effective with a roughly 1:1:1 ratio... or at least that's what's been working the best for me. my usual decks are like everyone else's with about 20 monsters and the rest are s/t.
[This signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
  1. Boards
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4
  3. Best Monster-Spells-Traps Deck ratio?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived