In regards to soundtrack lyrics...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NIER
  3. In regards to soundtrack lyrics...

User Info: Catfish_Sam

Catfish_Sam
7 months ago#1
I realize that it has been stated most of the songs are langauge sound alike nonsense. However while listening to the two Kainé tracks; I noticed some striking similarities to Irish-Gaelic. The following are my best approximation of the lyrics using real Irish words. Note that I did not translate more than the first block; as it proved to be very time consuming.

Kainé (salvation) & Kainé / escape:

shúil faram nóim(-éad)
(Hope with me a minute)
ar dhi'árach nóisean
(That your bond is only imagined)
dá galach dall fiúir
(To his ardent blind fury)
mallacht fuide éis lacht éirim s'púir
(Cursed long after tears; to control this source of sorrow.)

User Info: Kingdom-Judge

Kingdom-Judge
7 months ago#2
If that's true it would be very fascinating. The translation makes sense so far.

Catfish_Sam
7 months ago#3
Ikr? I may try to puzzle out the rest of the song later. But without any sort of "official" transcription of the sound alike lyrics; it is extremely tedious trying to track down REAL Irish-Gaelic words to substitute them.
I have had to do it mostly by ear and consulting other fan transcribed lyrics to try and find the best 'IG' words that closely resemble the sound of the official lyrics. That said, I am in no way implying that my interpretation is the be all end all. It's just my best 'guess'.
Seeing as how the songs were written with the intent of simulating a millinia of 'linguistic' evolution; you are forced to attack the translations with a great deal of artistic liberty in regard to proper grammar. LOL. So don't expect online translators to produce anything too coherent.

User Info: BrutalBrandon

BrutalBrandon
7 months ago#4
IIRC the lyrics are an amalgam of English, Japanese, and Irish/Gaelic

Catfish_Sam
7 months ago#5

shúil faram nóim(-éad)
(Hope with me a minute)
ar d-arach nóisin
(On notions of possibilities)
dá galach dáil fiúir
(Both ardent desire and fury)
mallacht fuide éis lacht airím s'púir
(Cursed long after tears; to feel this loss)

This is a far more polished attempt.

Catfish_Sam
7 months ago#6
I have also decided to attempt to decipher the second block; but my ability to identify some words is sadly lacking. The first word is "eol" which is IG for: I know. Though that is the only one that I am certain of at this point.

User Info: Mashiyyat

Mashiyyat
7 months ago#7
Gluck sam

Catfish_Sam
7 months ago#8
Lol. Re translated the first two lines as I found better phonetic matches to the sung lyrics. Still not 100% on the last line; but I would like to keep moving forward with the translation. So here is the newest revison:

siúl faram maoin
(Walk with me, beloved)
ár dearadh noísín
(Our fanciful ideas design)
dá galach dáil fiúir
mhallacht fuide éis lacht airím s'púir

eol
(I know...)

Dearadh is literally pronounced; (jar-oo) so a much better fit.

Catfish_Sam
6 months ago#9
After some more research, I believe I have transcribed/translated the first few lines of the second block here's what I have so far:

siúl faram maoin
(Walk with me, beloved)
ár dearadh noísín
(Our fanciful ideas design)
dá galach dáil fiúir
mhallacht fuide éis lacht airím s'púir

eol
(I know...)
taghdaire féacadh
(I'm impulsive and easily provoked)
aire faillí ach hadh
(but don't stop caring)

User Info: DunanBubba

DunanBubba
6 months ago#10
That is beautiful!

I took a shot at transcribing the songs phonetically back in 2011 but never tried to make any sense out of them. This is great!

I studied Gaelic just a little and can identify its sound patterns, but can't really understand it. (Well, I can say, "ó maise, ceart go leor" for "oh, yes, that's right" and not much else.)

I'm ecstatic that someone has discovered this after so long. I'd love to know if any of the other songs consist of real words!

DB
  1. Boards
  2. NIER
  3. In regards to soundtrack lyrics...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived