Woof, Proving Grounds bug

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Complex
  3. Woof, Proving Grounds bug

User Info: OldSchoolVidiot

OldSchoolVidiot
3 years ago#1
All that matters when it comes to getting a Platinum Medal in Proving Grounds is how long it took to complete it. Total Points doesn't matter at all.

Unfortunately, all that matters for determining whether or not you got a "New Record", and whether or not it overwrites the old record, is how many Total Points you got. (Unless you get a New Record, the run is not saved.)

My first run of Speedy Von Speeds Alot was 15:63 and had 3 kills (6,000 points) for a Total Points of 84,393. My second run was 14:22, but only had 2 kills (4,000 points) for a Total Points of 83,341.

Even though the second run awarded me the Platinum Medal, it didn't overwrite the Gold Medal run of 15:63, because the Platinum run had a lower Total Points.

I finally got a New Record by getting 14:49 with 3 kills for a Total Points of 84,930.

ANY Platinum should overwrite ANY Gold, but it won't if it is fewer points. Just something to watch out for. Don't do too well on a Gold run ;)

User Info: OldSchoolVidiot

OldSchoolVidiot
3 years ago#2
Gah, same problem on "Big One"

I killed everything and got all the items and got the Gold Medal. Then on the next run, I killed the bare minimum, only got the necessary items, shaved the time down 2 full minutes and got the Platinum Medal, but I got 20,000 less points, so the Platinum didn't count.

Since I had almost a minute to spare, I just killed the whole last room on the next run, and that put me over the Gold Medal score and got me the final Platinum.

I know Platinum doesn't really matter, it's scores that get posted, but I like seeing all those Platinum Medals ;)
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Complex
  3. Woof, Proving Grounds bug

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived