The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

left4dead2.exe has stopped working.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2
  3. left4dead2.exe has stopped working.

User Info: Fatalistic

Fatalistic
6 years ago#1
The game was working perfectly before, but now I am stifled with above error. I've tried every solution I could find and think of, ranging from reinstalling both steam and L4d, verifying the game cache within steam, updating graphics drivers, restarting, and setting all user permissions to full access.

I also tried launching the game from the folder itself, but then that posed another problem, as I would disconnect every 15 seconds with the "could not verify with steam blah blah blah" error" And the solution to this I found, was to launch the game within steam... -__-

User Info: Axbram

Axbram
6 years ago#2
Err.... isn't that what everybody does?
www.derailedthread.com/forums - for internet veterans.

User Info: pizzaman95

pizzaman95
6 years ago#3
Have you tried defragging the game's files?
<Lord of the pizza> Nothing to see here, move along.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2d6p8xf.png

Fatalistic
6 years ago#4
^ No I haven't, but I don't see how that could help seeing as I have reinstalled.

Also, if that's what everyone does, then why isn't it working?

User Info: pizzaman95

pizzaman95
6 years ago#5
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: KaFriZZle123

KaFriZZle123
6 years ago#6
I think it means some of the file in your l4d2 folder is missing, try to verify it.

Fatalistic
6 years ago#7
As I said before, I did verify it. My problem is that right when I click on L4d2 in steam, I get the topic title error. It seems like it's an issue with steam if anything, since I can load up the game fine from my computer.

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
6 years ago#8
what else did you recently install?
You just lost the game.

Fatalistic
6 years ago#9
Nothing at all. Looks like I won't be able to play online for a while.

User Info: Axbram

Axbram
6 years ago#10
Oh sorry, I thought you meant that you'd found the solution and it was just to launch it from steam, rather than from the desktop.

This problem sucks, I haven't come across an error that Steam hasn't been able to fix automatically yet. :\ Send them an email?
www.derailedthread.com/forums - for internet veterans.
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2
  3. left4dead2.exe has stopped working.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived