DRM the new BR?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: Reach
  3. DRM the new BR?

User Info: R3d_R41d3n

R3d_R41d3n
7 years ago#1
And it's a semi-auto gun? FUH-REAL?
"I swear to drunk I'm not God."
-The word "bed" looks like a bed.

User Info: Fullyautomc

Fullyautomc
7 years ago#2
You're looking at me like you asked a question. But really that was a couple statements.
Whether it's eyes shut tight or eyes wide open, it is the fool who doesn't question what they see.

User Info: Argonia

Argonia
7 years ago#3
I can see this being the fal all over again.....
Xbox Live: Thinru
I feel like i'm playing this game with a bunch of kids from Etheopia. ~FlashCannon about Modern Warfare 2

User Info: Lionheart2211

Lionheart2211
7 years ago#4
its called the DMR Bub.
Fact-Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL.
Xbox live GT: LionHeart V1

User Info: devil mingy

devil mingy
7 years ago#5
Or DM Rifle... or Designated Marksman Rifle... or D Marksman Rifle... or Designated MR... etc.
"Living in the past is a luxury few can afford"
Further Ramblings: http://www.gamespot.com/users/Devilmingy/?tag=userpanel;profile

User Info: FireRisinWith1n

FireRisinWith1n
7 years ago#6
With a rifle, the bullets are decently sized, so the recoil is too great to have semi-auto, unless the caliber is lower, and that would suck. If there was a semi auto rifle, it would tear apart.

Fullyautomc
7 years ago#7
1) There should be no recoil on any guns used by a Spartan/Elite. They weigh enough and are strong enough to not have any. On ODST's yes, recoil mechanics. Spartans should not be slowed carrying a turret. ODST' should.

2) The DRM is apparently a stronger 2-hand M6D type weapon. With rapid-tap for CQC needs.
Whether it's eyes shut tight or eyes wide open, it is the fool who doesn't question what they see.

User Info: FireRisinWith1n

FireRisinWith1n
7 years ago#8
Fullyautomatic,

Not the recoil of the gun kicking back, the recoil of the slide going back. If you fired a gun like that willy nilly, the thing would seize because of the size of the rounds.

Fullyautomc
7 years ago#9
I got what'chya mean. But since these a futuristic weapons, we can consider such things resolved. We've got "portable" guass-canons on jeeps man :)

Remember the weapons themselves canon wise aren't actually what they are in game.

The SMG is really more like a Ak-74 in that it fires 5.56 caseless rounds. The AR is a battle rifle firing 7.62 rounds HE-powder. The BR fires 9.5 rounds and the sniper fires anti-material 14 point-something rounds, both are gas propelled rounds.

Honestly, they got the mechanics down.
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

User Info: GrimHero

GrimHero
7 years ago#10
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: Reach
  3. DRM the new BR?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived