I finished SMG 2, should I get SMG 1?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. I finished SMG 2, should I get SMG 1?

User Info: darkmidst

darkmidst
4 years ago#1
If I finished Super Mario Galaxy 2, is part 1 different enough to spend the time and money to buy and play through part 1?

User Info: pedigreehhh1088

pedigreehhh1088
4 years ago#2
I prefer 2, but yea 1 is different enough. Plus you can get it for like $20.

User Info: Sparx555

Sparx555
4 years ago#3
If you liked SMG2, then yeah, definitely. It is a bit easier but it's clearly different (other than the obvious "you play as Mario and go through these galaxies to get to the end" and a few levels are similar, but it's still a completely different game), and just as fun. :p
Ice Cream Topics Gotten to 500: 4
Lots of ranting and stupidity: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922345-Sparx's_Awesome_Rant/64829504

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
4 years ago#4
You shouldn't even hesitate- grab SMG1 NOW!

User Info: The Vic Viper

The Vic Viper
4 years ago#5
Yes. While not quite as good, it is a fantastic game.

Plus, it'll make Throwback Galaxy even better.
~ The Vic Viper ~
"I have nightmares about hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you."

User Info: xdiesp6

xdiesp6
4 years ago#6
I did the same, and I would advise against playing them back to back: wait until a year at least has passed, or you will not enjoy it fully. The reason being that Mario Galaxy 2 is very thorough in using its formula to the fullest, so you would feel annoyed by the many training levels and indifferent before the many recycled elements. Don't get me wrong, a platformer game is its own levels: Mario Galaxy has a load of masterpiece ones, but you really want to look at them with a fresh mind.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. I finished SMG 2, should I get SMG 1?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
When Yoshi appeared....Unboll410/10 1:39AM