How to beat extra ops 98?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
  3. How to beat extra ops 98?

User Info: Billogi

Billogi
6 years ago#1
ok, so I keep getting owned my the missiles. I can take out all the soldiers fine. Its just the tank thats a pain.

What did you do to beat it? Is there a way to make the perfect cover if you get him to hit a train carriage at the right moment?

My equipment is as follows. Whats best to use

Items
Ration *5 I do not have the assassins box yet.
F.Curry *5
T.chips *1
Analyzer *5
Shield *4

Weapons
M60(SB) *3 I do not have the Fulton Launcher yet, hence why I want to do this extra op
RPG7 *3
C.gustav *4
Grenade *4
Supply Mk *2
Strike Mk *2
Fulton Mine *5

Any help would be great... I do not have the M47 either...
Or it may have been 'Sugar Daddy' I couldn't quite hear over the sound of how awesome I am...

User Info: CursedAnubis

CursedAnubis
6 years ago#2
Smoke grenade?
"Heh heh, asschabs." - Oghren

Billogi
6 years ago#3
I got the straw box now btw...
Or it may have been 'Sugar Daddy' I couldn't quite hear over the sound of how awesome I am...

User Info: DemonReacher

DemonReacher
6 years ago#4
Your doing it wrong, dont get seen at all, dont even bring a rocket launcher
AC2 channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/DemonReacher

Billogi
6 years ago#5
so pretty much pick off the gaurds with a silence weapon and hide, then wait for to comander to come out?

DemonReacher
6 years ago#6
Actually I wouldnt even do that, I would get a sneaking suit and hold up all 4 from behind, fulton mine them and then quickly hide, wait for them to regroup and hold them up from behind again
AC2 channel

User Info: michaelrawi

michaelrawi
6 years ago#7
so pretty much pick off the gaurds with a silence weapon and hide, then wait for to comander to come out?

Yes. After the commander come out, kill him with a rocket launcher. 1-2 hit could kill him. If u have PTDR1941, u could take care of him with just 1 hit.
What are you reading at ?

Billogi
6 years ago#8
ok, so what I am thinking now is sit in the assassins box near the yellow train in the big shed. Pick off the guards 1 by 1 with lethal stealthy force. maybe set a few fulton mines

I am guessing that if you stealth all the guards the commander just comes out then?

Billogi
6 years ago#9
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

DemonReacher
6 years ago#10
yup, just dont get seen by the TANK. If a guard sees you, quickly take him out, If the tank carries on like normal you are safe
AC2 channel
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
  3. How to beat extra ops 98?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived