What video card should I buy to play this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online
  3. What video card should I buy to play this game?

User Info: think_ecko

think_ecko
7 years ago#1
I plan on getting this game when it is released and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good video card that would allow me to run this game, around the 100.00 range, thanks!

I have a Dell:

Processor: Pentium Dual Core Es200 2.50GHZ
Ram: 4.00 GB
Current video adapter: Intel express chipset
XBOX Live: Disco Soulja
PSN: DrBlacFace

User Info: Shibuto

Shibuto
7 years ago#2
If its possible overclock your 5200 since its a wolfdale (same core as the high end core 2 duo) and can reach to speeds faster than a Core 2 Duo E8400

As for video card 100 dollars won't take you anywhere especially since its a dell and they usually have a crappy power supply...if its possible that u can get at least 200 dollars then you might have a chance for a decent video card

User Info: GaulinX

GaulinX
7 years ago#3
For an optimal gaming experience you will now need:

Above a Nvidia GTX460 or above a ATI 5770.
Since new requirements have been posted on the official website, you should get yourself an i7 processor as well.

Everything else there should be just fine.

I personally am building a computer with an i7 quad core, 6 gigs of ram, and an ATI 5870 for the video card. As time goes on I may put in a 5970 if they finally support crossfire.

think_ecko
7 years ago#4
Thanks! I can spend 200.00, what would you suggest in that price range, and do you have any other suggestions, this will be my first PC game/upgrading a computer.

User Info: ahtze

ahtze
7 years ago#5
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: Shibuto

Shibuto
7 years ago#6
He can't put an i7 there since his motherboard is LGA 775, the best he can do is either overclock what he has or get a good Core 2 Quad,

As for video card you're right you can get either a GTX 460 or a Radeon 5770 its up to you which one of the two you want they perform pretty well.

User Info: scottb32198

scottb32198
7 years ago#7
TC, are you looking to max the game, or just be able to play it on low or medium settings?

think_ecko
7 years ago#8
Play it at around medium settings, because I plan to get it on ps3 when it is released in March. I just to be able to play it until then.

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
7 years ago#9
2-core processor will probably max out around the 4800 series ATI.
You can shoot for medium settings.
Advanced laparoscopy is like a FPS. You choose from guns to shoot at things on the screen for a few hours. You're just shooting at the console is all.

think_ecko
7 years ago#10
Thanks
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online
  3. What video card should I buy to play this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived