I just called up GameStop to cancel my preorder. A 5 hour long HNS is pathetic.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. I just called up GameStop to cancel my preorder. A 5 hour long HNS is pathetic.

User Info: TaKun782

TaKun782
4 years ago#51
DullahansXMark posted...
JPshake posted...
MGRRevengeance posted...
You guys, Platinums games never end with a screen like that. That just looks poorly done. It's the end of the chapter and it has the current stats.

Are you sure? I haven't seen the pic yet but from what I've read is that it shows the guy completed it in 5 hours. So it took 5 hours to complete a mission? Or he could have been playing on the hardest difficulty?

Given that the guy died almost 60 times and had to return to the title screen 5 times (and all this was on Normal, by the way), I think it's safe to say, yes, it really took him over 5 hours to complete the first Act.

The average playthrough was cited to be about 2 hours per Act. Which would add up to 14 hours. Which 5.5 hours doesn't even come close to.

Then is thats the case....should i play this on easy if ill get my ass handed to me big time? I really want to enjoy the game a lot. But i dont want it to cause me to go mad.... >_<
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009

User Info: JayGood259Oz

JayGood259Oz
4 years ago#52
Ill Prolly transfer my money to something else and rent this. The last2 games I played were assassins creed 3 and far cry 3, both over 50 hours for 1 play through. I expect a good single player game like god of war to be at least 12 to 15 hours. This is calling for 6 to 7 which is fine, just not worth 60 bucks

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
4 years ago#53
Another kid crying that an action game isn't RPG lengthy standards.

Go play DmC. I hear it's the perfect garbage masterpiece you might enjoy yourself with, TC.

EDIT: Better yet go play FF13 as well. Wash yourself in some more trash.
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990

User Info: DarkchocolateX

DarkchocolateX
4 years ago#54
Jep great, 6 pages of feeding a troll. Way to go people! Troll even made the same topic twice.
Play arts figure of Sunny with Kojima's head:
http://p.twimg.com/Av2aQqhCMAA6MjI.jpg

User Info: ResidentGear31

ResidentGear31
4 years ago#55
Im keeping my preorder to sell the cyborg ninja dlc. That things gonna sell like hotcakes.

User Info: Devil_wings00

Devil_wings00
4 years ago#56
since 5 hours campaigns for action games is SOOOOO uncommon right? lol oh wait
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).

User Info: TheFallensoul

TheFallensoul
4 years ago#57
So, he died 59 times?
Let's assume that each death only set him back 3 minutes.
That means that of his 5 hour and 40 minutes play time, 1 hour and 58 minutes was spent replaying parts after he died.
That means the game would take only 3 hours and 38 minutes to beat if he didn't die.
And that's assuming each death only set him back 3 minutes, which I think is probably a low number.
Something about this doesn't add up.

User Info: Bakuryukun

Bakuryukun
4 years ago#58
Game Length should not be the most important time based game factor. Pacing is far more important. If a game is short, but well paced, then chances are it'll be a really memorable experience that you'll want to revisit several times.

User Info: MEFreak1984

MEFreak1984
4 years ago#59
MGRRevengeance posted...
JPshake posted...
MGRRevengeance posted...
You guys, Platinums games never end with a screen like that. That just looks poorly done. It's the end of the chapter and it has the current stats.

Are you sure? I haven't seen the pic yet but from what I've read is that it shows the guy completed it in 5 hours. So it took 5 hours to complete a chapter? Or he could have been playing on the hardest difficulty?

It is possible that it just adds onto the time when each chapter finishes. That can be chapter 3 for all we know and it shows the stats throughout the 3 chapters combined.

I'm guessing that's the case, If I remember correctly, MGS$ did the same thing didn't it?
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"

User Info: wheepitup

wheepitup
4 years ago#60
Relax guys, OP never had the game preordered to begin with. Not to mention I'm 95% positive you have to go in store to cancel a preorder.
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. I just called up GameStop to cancel my preorder. A 5 hour long HNS is pathetic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived