Did anyone feel that... (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Did anyone feel that... (Spoilers)

User Info: vgman94

vgman94
4 years ago#1
... The line "Nanomachines, Son!" Came across more as threatening than funny? I saw it expecting it to feel silly. But the context of it made it feel like it was a superior and far more dangerous technology than Raiden's body. And considering his terrifying powers, I think it was justified. However the overall scenes were more funny than not and a lot of other lines were hilarious in my opinion.

User Info: Ace10of27Spades

Ace10of27Spades
4 years ago#2
I respect that line. Legendary.
Nanomachines, son!

User Info: maddawg223

maddawg223
4 years ago#3
Probably the best line in the series now
Xbox GT- MaDDawg223
UMvC team- Wesker, Taskmaster, Dante

User Info: BlackSheepWalls

BlackSheepWalls
4 years ago#4
The guy is pretty threatening himself. He looks kind of uninspired the 1st time, but he is like a better version of Wesker. I also like the copied terminator theme in the fistfight.

User Info: volX

volX
4 years ago#5
Sure its threatening, I think thats how the senator himself means it.
But at the same time the sentence shows the self awareness of platinum in this.
Actually, when i first came to this board, a few days before i got the game i thought "nanomachines, son!" referred to the genral use of nanomachines in the Metal Gear stories to explain stuff.

User Info: vgman94

vgman94
4 years ago#6
volX posted...
Sure its threatening, I think thats how the senator himself means it.
But at the same time the sentence shows the self awareness of platinum in this.
Actually, when i first came to this board, a few days before i got the game i thought "nanomachines, son!" referred to the genral use of nanomachines in the Metal Gear stories to explain stuff.

I for a while thought it was a joke and was going to assume it to be a silly line or even a myth. But not only was it threatening, but it also showed self-awareness of the nanotechnology used in MGS4 for Naomi and Vamp. It's kind of scary to think that evolving, healing nanomachines that grant strength and speed may compete with Cyborgification. I thought it'd be a wall-breaking line. But nope, it's saying "Remember the tech from MGS4? Look what it can do now!". I kind of liked how it was different from what I expected.

User Info: KeJo6

KeJo6
4 years ago#7
That line, much like that entire boss sequence, is a total joke
Do not delude yourself, wretched fool!
PSN: KeJo13
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Did anyone feel that... (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived