So, how are the sales figures for Rising?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. So, how are the sales figures for Rising?

User Info: Gjang

Gjang
4 years ago#1
It's been quite a while after release and I haven't seen an actual number yet.

Or has it been reported by Konami already?
Really run out of ideas for signature.

User Info: sworder

sworder
4 years ago#2
Konami said they sold 3.15m Metal Gear games, but didn't list individual numbers

User Info: Gjang

Gjang
4 years ago#3
Wait, you mean 31.5 million, right?

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Seems no one knows at the moment.
Really run out of ideas for signature.

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
4 years ago#4
I think there was an article that stated Kojima was pleased with how it all turned out & that he would love to collaborate with Platinum Games for a sequel. At least that tells me the game must've met their expectations after praise from KojiPro.
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
4 years ago#5
The last numbers I saw had it barely breaking 1 mil worldwide across both platforms.

In other words, it sold well for a hack n slash, but not great. For a Metal Gear game it sold very poorly. Hopefully Konami understands the difference.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
(message deleted)

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
4 years ago#7
ukokira1 posted...

Look at post above you.

PR statements = / = what business people actually think.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: Gencoil

Gencoil
4 years ago#8
Didn't Kojima say that if Ground Zeroes was a failure they could always fall back on the sales from Metal Gear Rising?
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil

User Info: SHMYazoo

SHMYazoo
4 years ago#9
Gencoil posted...
Didn't Kojima say that if Ground Zeroes was a failure they could always fall back on the sales from Metal Gear Rising?

I highly doubt he said that.
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards

User Info: RichterB17

RichterB17
4 years ago#10
Gencoil posted...

It's the other way around. If MGR was a failure then they would fall back on Ground Zereos. That's what he had to tell his bosses because they were worried about MGR being successful and he wasn't.
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. So, how are the sales figures for Rising?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived