I would've bought a Wii version...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. I would've bought a Wii version...

User Info: darkhisham

darkhisham
3 years ago#1
I know the technical limitations of the console and how the graphics would've been downgraded, but all I could think of was how much better the gameplay would feel if playing with the wiimote instead of that boring thing they did to slash things. Like a faster No More Heroes.

User Info: ukokira1

ukokira1
3 years ago#2
It would take more than downgraded graphics dear.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12

User Info: DJ_0000

DJ_0000
3 years ago#3
Trying to accurately slash with a Wii remote would be ridiculously broken and the framerate would probably be complete poo as well.
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 years ago#4
^I beg to differ. Though the game would look like ass (granted, it already sort of does), it is most definitely possible with Wii Motion Plus. Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2 had amazing swordplay and that would have translated more then nicely to MGR:R in my opinion.

If Revengeance gets a nice modding community on PC we might even see some motion controls, who knows!
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
3 years ago#5
I personally can't stand motion controls.

So long as motion control was merely an option, I guess I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't be interested in playing the game that way, though.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: ukokira1

ukokira1
3 years ago#6
Raeng posted...
^I beg to differ. Though the game would look like ass (granted, it already sort of does), it is most definitely possible with Wii Motion Plus. Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2 had amazing swordplay and that would have translated more then nicely to MGR:R in my opinion.

If Revengeance gets a nice modding community on PC we might even see some motion controls, who knows!

And the Wii could handle Blade Mode when the PS3/360 barely could?
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 years ago#7
ukokira1 posted...
And the Wii could handle Blade Mode when the PS3/360 barely could?

The calculating power is there, but the insides would be horribly low-res. Also there's a chance it might be so that cutting will just cut in a certain way by default or something.

That said, the Wii-U is more then up to snuff and has motion control as well. Considering that platform is stronger than the PS3 it would be more then up to the task. Hell, a Revengeance U version would actually be pretty slick. Wouldn't mind it!
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15

User Info: PyroSpark

PyroSpark
3 years ago#8
ukokira1 posted...
It would take more than downgraded graphics dear.

The game is 28 gigs on the ps3 if I recall. It'd be....quite the port.
"The more you make people cry = the better player you are." - Eternux

User Info: Mr_Big_Boss

Mr_Big_Boss
3 years ago#9
I just finished playing Skyward Sword, I can't imagine enjoying this game as much if it was built around the motion controls, they're not 100% accurate.
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...

User Info: NINFanboy

NINFanboy
3 years ago#10
darkhisham posted...
I know the technical limitations of the console and how the graphics would've been downgraded, but all I could think of was how much better the gameplay would feel if playing with the wiimote instead of that boring thing they did to slash things. Like a faster No More Heroes.

That "boring" thing is called a controller. These "boring" things have been around for 30 years. Tried and true method of playing games.

This game requires precision which you can't get from a Wiimote. Try beating one of the Zandatsu VR Missions with motion controls. Games created around motion controls leave a lot of room for error; they leave a giant hall with marbled floor and ceiling frescos by Michelangelo for error.

You know, there are SO MANY casual games out there while hardcore games like MGR are rare and a dying breed. Why can't you just leave the poor thing alone? It's standing upright and its vitals are good. And here you are wondering how an MGR burger would taste.

</satire>
"You're a sheep if you think the game is bad just because reviewers say so. I played it and I say it's a good game." - blind fanboy logic
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. I would've bought a Wii version...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived