360 Controller support?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. 360 Controller support?

User Info: UFCharley

UFCharley
6 years ago#1
Hey guys, I was wondering if this game will support a Xbox 360 controller. I may get it on xbox, but since this will be a clearly superior version, I want to get it on PC too, the only thing is, using a keyboard hurts my fingers when playing and a controller doesnt. Do you think there will be support for the controller as well as some controller only servers so I dont get destroyed by you guys on the mouse?
1-2-3-4-5 I dont take your jive

User Info: WolfAlmighty

WolfAlmighty
6 years ago#2
You may be able to get a controller to work using something like JoyToKey but I doubt there'll be native support for it since looking around is always hard-coded to use the mouse. In any case, there won't be controller-only servers.

User Info: aak57

aak57
6 years ago#3
No idea about controller support, but one thing I'd recommend you try is using the controller in your left hand to move and whatnot, and just using a mouse with your right hand to aim. May be awkward at first, but at least then you won't have the aiming disadvantage.

Personally, I hope it at least has the ability to map controller inputs in the menu like BC2 did, since I like using a controller to fly helicopters.
~~a_ak57~~

User Info: UFCharley

UFCharley
6 years ago#4
How about a joystick for movement, would that work?
1-2-3-4-5 I dont take your jive

User Info: EatShanna

EatShanna
6 years ago#5
"using a keyboard hurts my fingers"

Pain is an illusion

User Info: Unavailable

Unavailable
6 years ago#6
I hope is does, just so I can use mine for piloting helis/jets.

Piloting an air vehicle without joystick/controller of some sort = "oh god how did this get here im not good with helis"
Important Time Saving Tip: I've been using this name on the internet for 8 years now. I don't watch DBZ and haven't for several years now.

User Info: Prayer_Police

Prayer_Police
6 years ago#7
After hearing about the professional development of connecting the Kinect to the PC, I want to play FPS' by pointing my finger at my monitor and shouting, "PEW PEW PEW!!!"
PSN: PrayerPolice
XBL & Steam: Prayer Police

User Info: ImperialDragon

ImperialDragon
6 years ago#8
If this game plays anything like BF2 you're going to get destroyed using a 360 controller. Do some finger exercises or something?
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal . . . [Awarded Golden Muffin of Awesomeness x2]

User Info: Nebslox

Nebslox
6 years ago#9
If this game plays anything like BF2 you're going to get destroyed using a 360 controller.

^That. Using a controller to play against people using a kb/m will put you at a huge disadvantage.

Anyway, if you really want to try it, you should use Xpadder. Joy2Key just doesn't work well enough to use for an FPS.
Don't.

User Info: royic

royic
6 years ago#10
Mouse users will destroy you and not to mention there's no auto aim which you will be used to for using a controller.
GT: Ducksaws
going off topic? www.speakeasyclinic.com
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. 360 Controller support?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived