One button Fatalities?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat
  3. One button Fatalities?

User Info: RedVexx

RedVexx
6 years ago#1
Would be nice if they ever brought this feature back...For us that are to lazy to memories all the fatalities.
-NES-SEGA-SNES-N64-PS1-PS2-MAME-WII-PC-PS3
PSN = RedVexx

User Info: BallisticBaztid

BallisticBaztid
6 years ago#2
Right now the speculation is the combos will be back to 2-3 button presses like the original MK.

f, d, f+HP, or f, f, f +HP.

They'll be easy enough to remember. Besides, doing a fatality should have at least -some- effort required, otherwise you don't get any satisfaction out of it.

User Info: Unknown_Origen

Unknown_Origen
6 years ago#3
the button presses were rarely the issue it had been more abot where to position yourself i found
the integrety of my sword is more than a match for the meager fermity of your soul.

User Info: thedude3514

thedude3514
6 years ago#4
You hit the nail on the head. I could never get the right position. The buttons were no problems.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mcandsc1

User Info: RedVexx

RedVexx
6 years ago#5
Yea even some of the easier Fatalities could be hard to pull off. Maybe they just need to add a couple of more seconds to finish him and make it will work from any distance.
-NES-SEGA-SNES-N64-PS1-PS2-MAME-WII-PC-PS3
PSN = RedVexx

User Info: IronChef_Kirby

IronChef_Kirby
6 years ago#6
They'll be easy enough to remember. Besides, doing a fatality should have at least -some- effort required, otherwise you don't get any satisfaction out of it.

Eh, I'd prefer one button fatalities. Anyone with thumbs can do Down Down Down Circle or something like that; it's not really a challenge and for most people probably doesn't yield a whole ton of satisfaction in and of itself. The satisfaction comes from the animation of a good fatality.

My problem with current fatalities is having to look up a new combination for every fatality for every character, especially when I'm playing with a friend who's never tried MK before or if we're using new characters. I would be happy if there were a couple universal inputs that would correspond to fatalities for each character so I'm not attempting to memorize a new code every time I want to see a new fatality, but one button fatalities seem preferable because either way, the input is more of a minor unnecessary inconvenience than a fun challenge.

Another benefit to one button fatalities would be range no longer being a problem. I remember one of the fatalities in MK vs DC required me to hit Back three times while being as close as physically possible, so I never was able to pull that one off.

Edited for that last paragraph there.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7512/flame201010170935490807.jpg

User Info: jmtstan

jmtstan
6 years ago#7
they should bring back the kombat kodes like in mk3... the scotts stuff etc. i think they can, game just disable trophy achievement when gamer turn on those cheat.
Sony With A Chance
PSN: jmtstan1138

User Info: JesterSeesAll

JesterSeesAll
6 years ago#8
1 Button Fatalities please.

Nothing is secret anymore with the internet in full swing, so making complex motions and distances is pointless now. Not to mention you'll be able to watch a full fatality montage a day or two after launch on youtube.
Street Fighter 4 is the hardest fighting game to establish your own unique style in - Daigo Umehara

User Info: Frosted_Midna

Frosted_Midna
6 years ago#9
No 1 button....period!
It's more than good, it's alive!
Warning: May contain stone hat pieces http://i28.tinypic.com/55gw9h.jpg

User Info: IronChef_Kirby

IronChef_Kirby
6 years ago#10
No 1 button....period!

... Care to give a coherent argument or anything? XD
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7512/flame201010170935490807.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat
  3. One button Fatalities?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived