Ermac combo into X-ray

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat
  3. Ermac combo into X-ray

User Info: MyopicCanadian

MyopicCanadian
6 years ago#1

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this... trying to play a decent Ermac, and I've been doing some juggle combos with him, but for the life of me I can never juggle into an x-ray. Is my timing just off or does theopponent need to be standing for Ermac's X-ray move?

User Info: Kirbopher13

Kirbopher13
6 years ago#2
No, you can catch them in the air with it.
I think they need to be fairly high, but it can be done.
Pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own - George Carlin

User Info: DrewDos

DrewDos
6 years ago#3
What combo are you doing?

MyopicCanadian
6 years ago#4

Hm.. maybe I'll experiment with the timing, then.

I was using.. b+X, Y, f+X as an opener (or was it f+X, Y, b+X?), then teleport punch, air lift, jump to Y, force push. Or variations on that general theme. It didn't register the x-ray at any point of that when I was testing in practice mode.

User Info: zoMO0

zoMO0
6 years ago#5
You can catch 'em with an X-ray if you combo into an air lift, jump + x (or y?), teleport punch, and X-ray. Just know that there is a slight delay in executing the X-ray; it can't be immediately after the telepunch, nor can it be after they hit the ground. I've pulled this off a few times online, and it's all about the timing. Hope that helps

User Info: tl_rinzler

tl_rinzler
6 years ago#6
you can get a 50% with a 9-hit combo with an X-Ray

<- + FP, FP, BK, Force-Lift, X-Ray

there's also a 37% with a 9-hit combo I can get without an X-Ray

<- + FP, FP, BK, Telelift, Telepush

both aren't too complicated and both do a hefty amount of damage

User Info: BobWayne17

BobWayne17
6 years ago#7
taggg.
XBL Gamertag - AwesomeOG
Current Games SSFIV, MvC3, Halo:Reach, Pokemon White

User Info: ZexxCrine

ZexxCrine
6 years ago#8
Honestly I like toward+1,1,4 force port dash 2,2 force lift (dash 2,2 force push/telepush) x-ray

I also like

Away 1,2,toward 1 dash (tele lift dash 2,2 force push/telepush)force lift (x-ray) jump punch force port dash 1,2 force push/telepush

The () sections represent branches to the combo

1=x 2=y 3=a 4=b

User Info: tl_rinzler

tl_rinzler
6 years ago#9
11-hit x-ray 54%

<- + FP, FP, BK, Force lift, ^BK, Teleport, X-ray

10-hit 41% no x-ray

<- + FP, FP, BK, Force Lift, ^BK, Teleport, telepush

(can be done with ex-force lift i just fail too much)

MyopicCanadian
6 years ago#10

Thanks everyone, all those combos really help. I also didn't realize how early you can/have to input some of the special move commands to get them to fire off immediately following the combo, so that's helped me pull some of these off.

^^

^BK - Is that up and BK, or jump and BK? Up+BK I can hit the opponent but not high enough to get a teleport punch. If it's a jumpkick, I keep missing the teleport punch and have to work on it. :) thx!

For some reason Gamespot not letting me quote you properly.

1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat
  3. Ermac combo into X-ray

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived