The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

How to deal with V2 Units

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles II
  3. How to deal with V2 Units

User Info: DarkHeroMind

DarkHeroMind
1 year ago#1
The board for this game may be really dead, but I figure that I share some stuff that I figured out while poking around in this game.

So yeah, V2 units can be a total pain to deal with, but it doesn't always have to be this way.

V2 units can be totally broken with something called stutter stepping. Basically you take advantage of their rather slow attack animations by going back and forth between aiming your weapon and moving. If done correctly, you shouldn't be able to take any damage from them.

Each equipment has its own aiming speed, from the time you press aim to the time the crosshairs show up. Rifles and Sub Mach Guns have okay aiming speed and grenades have slightly better speed. Just be careful when your weapons decide to lock onto a unit. Ragnaid has by far the fastest aiming speed.

Usually what I like to do is aim right away to set up my pattern, then start stutter stepping. This is the sort of thing that may take practice, but it helps so much.

So you take out the Supply Vehicle and can actually take out the V2 units. There's the safe, unsafe, and the absolutely broken way to do it. The safest way is to spend one CP throwing a grenade, then another to take it out with headshots. The unsafe way is to spend one CP firing at the head right away. I like to crouch behind a sandbag in case I don't kill it right away and it counters.

Now for the absolutely broken way to do it. Male shocktroopers can clip through part of the V2 unit character model. You want to get in their face to do it. From there, you can aim up at their head, and take them out in less shots than you're supposed to. The game will think you're shooting from the side when you're right in front of them. Female shocktroopers can't do this because of height difference.

I hope this helps!
Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/wanderingmind

User Info: Shiya64

Shiya64
1 year ago#2
Ohh interesting! I'll be sure to give this a try, thanks! :)
RE + Fatal Frame +HM = Really. Weird. Dreams.
Whatev' you say, Mr. Anger Management

User Info: DarkHeroMind

DarkHeroMind
11 months ago#3
Oh yeah there was one thing I wanted to add!

Anisette is generally my favorite unit to clean out maps with V2 units. Country Bred and her other potentials, which can stack on each other, makes her a killing machine.
Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/wanderingmind
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles II
  3. How to deal with V2 Units

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived