Help playing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Toe89

Toe89
11 months ago#1
Good afternoon not sure if this board is active. But just purchased this for my vita but when ever I try to download it states that it can not download to this system. Is this just a temporary psn issue or did it allow me to purchase a game from my vita that I can't play from my vita

User Info: markswoman

markswoman
11 months ago#2
Unfortunately, it did allow you to purchase a game you can't play. To play VC2 on the vita you need to buy it off the PSN using a PS3, then transfer that to your vita. So sadly if you don't own a PS3 you can't play :(

Toe89
11 months ago#3
markswoman posted...
Unfortunately, it did allow you to purchase a game you can't play. To play VC2 on the vita you need to buy it off the PSN using a PS3, then transfer that to your vita. So sadly if you don't own a PS3 you can't play :(

Thanks for the response. I've talked to psn support and they've informed that I will have to wait to get a refund and may not get it because I "attempted " to download it. Seems like it shouldn't be on the PSN store for the vita if not able to download it. One again thanks for the response and have a good evening.

User Info: chrisfakk2

chrisfakk2
11 months ago#4
Sadly I saw this to to possibly recommend to a friend thought maybe Sega updated the rights or pan fixed it. There are quite a few good games you can only transfer via the ps3. At least if you have a ps4 you can play the remastered version of the first VC

User Info: Raccoon1988

Raccoon1988
11 months ago#5
What????

It is on sale right now and I want to buy it but I don't owned no PS3. So I still can't just download It straight to my Vita right?

Toe89
11 months ago#6
Unfortunately not. They should really state that in the psn store before confirming purchase. I finally got a refund after explaining the situation to several psn Chay reps all but one telling me it is playable if it shows up in the store for the vita

User Info: relentlessH52

relentlessH52
11 months ago#7
It is kind of sad that it has to be done this way. I also actually have a PSTV, not a proper Vita, so there was no guarantee that I would've been able to play it (I can confirm that it does work, however). To be fair, I do have a PS3 already, and even if it didn't work on my PSTV, I still have a PSP I could use.
Still, you'd think Sega would use this opportunity to not have to make Vita owners do this if they want to play it.

User Info: InfiniteSheldor

InfiniteSheldor
11 months ago#8
When I installed it, it was straight from the store, so it might just be a Vita/PSN issue (I've had issues like that happen before).

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived