V2's and Dodging in General

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles II
  3. V2's and Dodging in General

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
1 year ago#11
Hmm, yeah, I agree there is basically no point to ever keep "normal" Gunners, as the highest special Ace drop weapon they get is the Bragi-g3, and that has far less attacking power / stats than the Elite or Heavy versions

Bragi G3: Accuracy 62 Range 230 Personnel 59 Armor 27 - Shots 45

compared to the Elite Gunner final of,

Muspell G21: Accuracy 97 Range 200 Personnel 93 Armor 100 - Shots 65

(just compared to that, the accuracy is insanely better, near maximum actually - massive Anti Armor abilities - can take out a Heavy APC even, I suspect - from the side and rear, at least - and only 30 less Range stat (about 1/3rd of a Map Square, I've figured out. Each Map Square is appx 100 "range units", so a gun that shoots 200 will reach out about 2 Map Squares from the unit - just for reference).

---

Now...let's look at the Heavy Gunner's Alvitr G4 (I won't address the G5 variant because it only comes in the final mission, as we've said)

Alvitr G4: Accuracy 64 Range 230 Personnel 101 Armor 90 - Shots 50

(main selling point is superior range to the Muspell, and even stronger VS Personnel attacking power, though it loses out in overall damage due to 15 less shots, assuming all the shots fired actually hit the target, of course. However, the final G5 version has a massive 260 range - close to the "Broken" 300+ ranges of the DLC scout rifles and the infamous Idun submachine gun, for the Shocktroopers.)

--------
--------

Interesting stuff to consider, in any event !

User Info: DarkHeroMind

DarkHeroMind
1 year ago#12
Yeah both the Muspell G21 and the Alvitr G4 both seem like really good options, with advantages over each other.

---

I finally hooked up my PSTV and started looking into the game again.

The first thing I will be looking into are really good spots to farm credits. The idea is to look for missions that I can easily do in 1 or 2 turns.

I figure that for Tier 2 classes, I'd much rather do the 1 star missions.

Best place to farm lower March credits seems to be The Missing Goods in April. I can do that in 1 turn, even with bad RNG re: supply crates.

Best place to farm lower Attack credits seems to be A Gust of Wind in July. That I can also do in 1 turn.

I don't seem to be too worried about Arms credits since I can just revisit a mission where I have to take out an enemy commander.

As for Defend credits, I can be absolutely lazy, make sure I can kill any enemy units so my units can get credits, and pass turns until mission complete. Missions like Defensive Exam in March are excellent for this.
Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/wanderingmind

AlekTrev006
1 year ago#13
Yeah - there is a thread here somewhere (trying to find it again using Search function) where one poster was saying how one of his friends had been using a (I think) Heavy Gunner Franca with one of the Alvitr ace guns (I think it was the 3 or 4 model - I know it was NOT the final "ultimate" G5 variant).... to blast Ghost Tanks apart in one volley !

The posters seemed to think it was some kind of glitch - that was allowing that particular gun to do so much VS Armor damage to the normally beastly-strong Ghost Tanks (I think he said it was with Side Attacks or Rear Attacks, that the friend was able to do this - he couldn't recall if there was a Demolition Boost order issued on the firing Franca, or not).

So - I'm eager to see if I can duplicate that - or find that thread again !

--------
--------

For credits, the toughest part I used to find (previously when I'd played the game a few years back), that the IIX versions were the toughest to find (March II X, Arms II X, etc) - since they were "higher than all the other types, but less than Certificate or Diploma". What that usually meant is that you could have a character be the top dog in a battle, and the game give them Diploma X3, and Certificate X2 and not a single II X credit !

Thankfully, the Post Game and DLC missions really fix this. Most of the most game ones have rewards like:

Arms X
Arms II X
Diploma

--- meaning your chances of getting the II X one is much better than in normal missions, which often had stuff like:

Arms
Arms II
Arms X
Arms II X
Certificate

(your chances there are so much worse to get that ONE single thing you wanted to go for)

-------
-------

The DLC missions are even better, as the "Final Exams" for all the classes give ONLY II X credits:

March II X
Arms II X
Support II X
Attack II X

(and that's it !) - meaning you have a great chance to pick up one or more of those normally hard to snag things that are needed to move to the final tier of class changes :-)

DarkHeroMind
1 year ago#14
I really want to look into this and test it out.

I've already browsed some stuff on the page for this game like the answers to test stuff out. One person claimed that they were able to kill Juliana without headshots even with the Cptd AA Gtlg A1 on the Light Tank B. I'm not sure if it was poorly worded, but I tested it out last night. Headshots to the front barely did any damage to Juliana, even from a long distance away. Since I was also really far, some of my shots just outright flew outside the targeting circle. So really, it's only worth damaging her from behind with headshots. I still want to figure out what lets me do the 1 shot kill with this tank build when it otherwise randomly leaves just a fraction of her health left.

I'm going to see if I can get the weapon this thread was talking about, upgrade Franca to a Heavy Gunner, and get one of the Alvitr weapon drops. I'm going to guess that Demolition Boost had something to do with it, although I want to see what I can do with Temporary Coating. I find coating to be more useful than orders in VC2 most of the time because coating costs less money and orders usually cost too much CP.

---

I haven't been to the postgame in like 4 years. Now I'm probably going to start looking into it to see how much better I can do these missions compared to last time.

AlekTrev006
1 year ago#15
Do you know if there is an official chart of all the possible Temporary Coatings and their effects ? I would love to have something like that, as a quick-look resource. Some of them could be better than I realize ... (the only ones I've used are Steel-Level-1 and Steel Level-2, and that usually boosts the unit class's defense a tad).

DarkHeroMind
1 year ago#16
I've had this spreadsheet bookmarked for a long time, I still refer to it for a lot of things to this day.

You should find this incredibly useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-2YObbBi0qnMk2IuNVso8N7LZUSh1-3Nh42-sqYQUSA/edit?f=true&gid=10

Just scroll to the tab for Temporary Coating.

AlekTrev006
1 year ago#17
Thanks Dark - I actually have found and used that spreadsheet a lot already, but usually only for seeing the Potentials of the various classes, so I can plan out what route I take a guy, to leveling up. I never realized / noticed there was a Temporary Coating tab at the bottom, till you mentioned it right now ! lol :-) (d'oh !!)

------------
------------

I'm currently in Postgame March and finally got the Winter Maelstrom Paid Mission to unlock / be buyable. It's pretty awesome since it offers the chance of getting either Alvitr G4 Heavy machine gun, OR the almighty Thrud G5 Heavy Mortar ! I need a few of each, for my guys.

Thrud, in particular, is a definite grab because there are no DLC "G21" versions of the Thrud line, sadly - so this is the mightiest one I think you can ever get for your Heavy Mortar guys (588 Personnel Damage !). Assuming the shot is right on, and the target doesn't "hit the ground" and Dodge (to reduce damage inflicted), you SHOULD be able to KO almost any "normal" enemy unit - all the way up to the Level-90ish guys - except for very high level V2's (which have over 600-HP).

If a "Super vs Personnel" / Explosives Ace / or other ability activates, you might even be boosted enough to be able to KO them too ! (actually, I'm now tempted to buff the Heavy Mortarers - Rene and Reiner for me - with an Anthem Elite, and see if that boosted attack power makes them as scary as I'm imagining it will :-) !)

DarkHeroMind
1 year ago#18
I'm slowly trying to catch up here, I think I will be done with the main game by tomorrow since I decided to go through it once again. Wanted to make save states on emulator to practice the game and also to mess around with stuff.

How's the progress going on the game by the way?

Have you touched any of the DLC too?

I don't think I ever used Anthem Elites all that much now that I think about it.

I'm just so eager to take on the post game.

DarkHeroMind
1 year ago#19
I sat down after I made the last post and made my way from the beginning of June to the end of December. Dude what a rush.

Time to see what I can do with the postgame.

AlekTrev006
1 year ago#20
Yeah, I've been in Postgame for a few weeks now - at April, I think (postgame).

I'm doing Diebal Clash EX over and over (a post game mission that appears in April) to try to get the Captured AA Turret 3 (it's an upgrade to the A2 I've been using for most of the game, with the Light Tank B famous combo).

I keep getting materials or Hrist G3 (which I don't need or want !) so it's taking a while thanks to the bad RNG.

---

As to my leveling up of guys - going well, just got all the classes (but Scout) to Level-50, and now have those bonus characters to work on leveling up (getting Credits so they can promote) too :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles II
  3. V2's and Dodging in General

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived