Should I join a guild ASAP or hold off for one I want?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited
  3. Should I join a guild ASAP or hold off for one I want?

User Info: KazumiAmano

KazumiAmano
4 years ago#1
I just started this game, and already I've picked up a few pieces of equipment that require guild membership. Is there a disadvantage to just finding a mid-level guild and hanging out there, or do I want to reserve membership for one I actually want to stick with?
"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

User Info: sinfulGrimoire

sinfulGrimoire
4 years ago#2
You can always leave your current Guild if you find one you would rather be a member of. Make sure you leave on good terms though, so the Guild doesn't lose so much Renown.

I would definitely suggest finding a random high level Guild for now though, just so you can use equipment that requires Guild level or has Guild Augment slots.

User Info: TheRaven1406

TheRaven1406
4 years ago#3
I don't like how you are at a severe advantage if you don't join a guild.
The guild boni are too owerpowered in DDO. The buffs are almost a must, guild slot gear also the teleportation options, begging for ship invites (ex. Meridia teleport for shroud) is embarrassing.

User Info: sinfulGrimoire

sinfulGrimoire
4 years ago#4
Meh. I don't use Guild buffs even if I am in a Guild, and I don't have any major disadvantages. I do just as well as someone who has full buffs.
  1. Boards
  2. Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited
  3. Should I join a guild ASAP or hold off for one I want?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived