Medals Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: CooperF4

CooperF4
7 years ago#1
I'm not sure I understand how the medal system works. I understand that cadet difficulty gets you silver medals and veteran difficulty gets you gold medals, but what determines how many you get after a mission is complete?

User Info: Kaiser98821

Kaiser98821
7 years ago#2
The higher your score, the more medals you get. If you complete a level and didn't get 3 medals, pay attention to what criteria the game gives out points for.

CooperF4
7 years ago#3
Oh, I see.

Wow.....those Birds of War missions are going to be tough then. I don't see how I'm supposed to avoid getting hit by those mines, and still do the levels quickly. Thanks for the info though!

Kaiser98821
7 years ago#4
For the Birds of War missions, spend some time observing how the mines move (or if they don't move, how they're arranged). There's generally a large gap you can enter the minefield from without attracting them. You'll also want to use a fast airplane if you're not already doing so for a faster time.

CooperF4
7 years ago#5
I don't foresee myself getting three medals on those missions, but I'll give your advice a try. Thanks for the info!

Oh, and how in the world are you supposed to kill the zeppelins quickly in those missions? Is there a certain weapon that's the best one to use?

Kaiser98821
7 years ago#6
The trick to the zeppelin is getting it to release its shield as fast as possible. To do this, you destroy the enemy planes as fast as possible. You'll notice they spawn towards the bottom of the zeppelin; hang around there as they're about to spawn and use the Blunderbuss like a madman to do a lot of damage to a lot of airplanes in a short amount of time. When they're destroyed just slow down and spam your other weapon on the blimp when the shield is down. Rinse and repeat until finished.

CooperF4
7 years ago#7
Any particular weapon that does more damage to the blimp than others?

Kaiser98821
7 years ago#8
I didn't really use anything beyond the default Comet Rockets and Blunderbuss.

CooperF4
7 years ago#9
Alright then thanks for the input. I'll give it a try. Guess I just gotta get better. :)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived