How to utilize any class playable this game has to offer

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. How to utilize any class playable this game has to offer

User Info: eclipse_exe

eclipse_exe
5 years ago#51
hello, i recently got this game as a xmas present. ( after getting to gr 9 in the previous game.. it started to die out before i could get to double digits) and i was wondering if a longsword/mage character was viable. as i recall several of the former end game katana's had int/mag on them as well as there high attack.
psn: supersoniccd
Havel's ring needs Nerf'd, not DWGR

User Info: WKC2_ftw

WKC2_ftw
5 years ago#52
eclipse_exe posted...
hello, i recently got this game as a xmas present. ( after getting to gr 9 in the previous game.. it started to die out before i could get to double digits) and i was wondering if a longsword/mage character was viable. as i recall several of the former end game katana's had int/mag on them as well as there high attack.

If i was you I wouldnt even entertain the idea of a LS Mage. None of the weapons have any MAG bonuses so it will always be extremely weak spells compared to staff and even SS.

User Info: chaoscorpse

chaoscorpse
4 years ago#53
As one of the extremely late to the party people who only discovered the fate of the servers via the DLC being moved to the discount section, I am curious.

I realize that many people are in this same situation and looking for the "best" build. Like has been mentioned before in this thread, having a singular form of unit everywhere would not be very helpful to anyone, yet when people are in a panic and rushed, they'll take the first advice they see.

I'd like to play counter to that while still being able to manage what I need to do solo after the servers die out in order to provide a variety of potentially different support to what everyone else wants to go for.

I haven't done too much research, but from what I understand, the general idea is to get partial divine no matter what, then pick two weapons and focus on passives.

My character was initially modeled off of Gourry of The Slayers anime (I liked it when it aired, and I couldn't figure out anything else that'd be any less generic). The initial focus was the be LS mained, but is that really viable? I won't likely be mage at all if I keep to the theme, but then what would be a good pairing for LS? Would it work out being pure LS and Divine?

I pretty much know nothing about equipment at this point and am still in the main story of the first game, but would like a framework from to work from.

As a side question, what is the least common; yet still helpful 'element' to focus on for Geonet? If I'm going to ask people for help getting those 'to be impossible' quests done, I'd like to do something in return. I loved the Dark Cloud franchise, but there seems to be more to it in this game, so I'll have to look into it more. Are there any repercussions asides from costs with moving back and forth between territories?

If the server is still around, you could also add me (I don't have a mic): Chaos_CG
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. How to utilize any class playable this game has to offer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.