skills guide/questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. skills guide/questions

User Info: djruden

djruden
1 month ago#21
drmaster2 posted...
djruden posted...
I'm just happy to see someone playing WKC2. I have fond memories playing it but it was years ago. I basically stopped playing BECAUSE online was shut down. It was my first and one of 2 platinum trophies I've earned on PSN.

Holy crap it was my first platinum as well. You think we could have picked anything easier to start with?!

Took me like 500 hours or more.

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#22
well i took a 24 hour break from this game, and today i started doing more errands and i also tried to level up because at level 55, im getting annihalated by the level 55 bounties.

so i tried to level up in the Free monster mission things, but that exp is piss poor.

i then tried to do OGIT2 for a while. i did it about 5 times (17,500 points each time), and i already got bored of it.

based on this thread i found;

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974870-white-knight-chronicles-ii/59838725

is seems, OGIT2 LITERALLY the only way to get GR points. Looking at the big picture, i personally think the creators dropped the f***ing ball when i came to GR points. At least make MULTIPLE quests that give similar GR so the player doesnt have to do the SAME one over and over.

for me to get to rank 17 from rank 15 (which im almost at; i still need 120,000 points) it would take me 2.1 million points, thus i need to clear OGIT2 120 times.

each time i do the quest it takes me about 4 minutes (loading + traveling + fighting + calling elevator, + riding elevator), so that amounts to 8+ straight hours without stopping.

realistically, i would need to take a break every couple runs (even longer breaks as the hours stretch on), so it will probably take around 10 hours of the same mind numbing thing over and over again.

id rather cut myself .... which i did -_-

not to mention, MONEY is a huge issue for me. I dont even bother buying the quests because they cost like thousands of dollars each, when im spending most of my money on heal potions and mana potions. Also, the buy:sell ratio is stupid as f*** too. I mean, i just got the Cosmic Axe, and it only sells for like 1500+ gold (not that i sold it, but just checking the cost)

the most expensive item i own is a High Elixir and snowbound stone (1500 and 1250 each)

another thing that pisses me off is the sorting option. I mean, what idiot makes a game for PS3/PS4 that has a s*** tone of loot and only has ONE SORT OPTION (which i STILL dont know HOW it actually sorts)?

seriously, the DEFAULT sort in ANY f***ing game should be ALPHABETICAL, then throw in sorting by COST. How f***ing hard is this, i mean its like only a couple lines of code

....arghhh, sorry for the rant(s), but i need to rant, otherwise ill probably kill myself because i get so f***ing frustrated
Girls play video games too you know ;)

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#23
does anyone know what Core Unit even does for an incorruptus? Aside from increasing the Artifact points and thus being able to equip him with the countless number or USELESS artifacts in this game.

i thought they increased the overall stats of the incorruptus (ie like leveling up), but it doesnt

pprincess keeps saying to get them to level 5, but if im not using 25 points worth of accessories on the incorruptus, then what the hell is the point exactly?

She also said that a level 5 white knight would easily kill the black knight during the brimflamme battle ..... that was utter bulls*** on her part cause the white knight was literally doing less than 300 damage per attack (thrust). Thank GOD i had my avatars knight for that battle because leonards knight was completely f***ing useless, while my avatars knight was hitting for 600-700 damage a hit (thrust). Both knights were at level 5 by the way, but i gave my avatars knight the Elder Spear i found (atk=160).

Avatar knight attack was 283 (weapon was 120 attack)
white knight attack was 248 (weapon was 120 attack)

with the elder spear my avatars knight had 323 attack

so aside from equipment, they were at the same level,so what the hell was pprincess talking about when she said:

If you leveled up Leonard's knight to level 5, it will be very strong, despite his character level. Use Leonard's Knight Thrust on the Black Knight. If he turns red and powers up, quickly hit Triangle to Turn Break. This will pretty much end the fight with the Black Knight.

that was complete and utter bulls***.

i had to let Leonard die so he could revert out of his machine, in order to put my avatar into her machine, else i never would have beaten the black knight. Then when i beat the black knight i reverted my avatar and put yulie in her knight to spam Glacier Soul on Brimflamme for 1000+ damage per hit.

i nearly lost the fight because i listened to pprincess' guide, which by the way, f***ing sucks

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#24
im sick and tired of this stupid Binding. I just finished the game to unlock Vellgander and my party is at level 58, yet despite having some 47 pages of loot in my item storage, i cant even make equipment in the level 30+ range

this is f***ing ridiculous

djruden
1 month ago#25
I think binding is supposed to be hard and take a lot of time. It encapsulates the end game. I seem to recall having to bind almost everything because you would use the lower tier stuff you binded to make the next tier and then you would use that to make yet another tier of stuff. It kind of feeds on itself.

Congrats on finishing the game tho, thats great! Without online anymore I'm not sure if there really is much fun playing more end game unless you are trophy hunting. It was too bad they shut it down. Seemed way to soon into a games life for it to shut down.

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#26
djruden posted...
I seem to recall having to bind almost everything because you would use the lower tier stuff you binded to make the next tier and then you would use that to make yet another tier of stuff. It kind of feeds on itself.

ya a lot of the equipment uses the "+1", "+2', etc of other pieces of equipment, but my issue is the loot. Not only do i not have enough, but most of them ive never even seen yet.

djruden posted...

Congrats on finishing the game tho, thats great! Without online anymore I'm not sure if there really is much fun playing more end game unless you are trophy hunting. It was too bad they shut it down. Seemed way to soon into a games life for it to shut down.

thanks. In games like this, i usually like to power level, but maybe you're right, there probably isnt any point in torturing myself with this game. In my opinion, the developers must be sadists. Who the hell makes a game that requires such an absurd amount of REPETITIVE grinding.

note, i say "repetitive", because ive played games where you need to grind, but to force the player (and yes, they are forcing us, because there is no other efficient way) to do OGIT2 for days on end is complete and utter bulls***. I hope they die a painful death.

I just finished "Here comes the judge" by the skin of my teeth. There doesnt seem to be a way to get stronger in this game without grinding GR (because that is the only way to unlock higher tier enemies and loot)

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#27
the problem with this game imo, is the fact that there is ZERO incentive to play it again (ie no replay value)

i mean, what person would want to go through all this mindless grinding all over again. I can sorta understand people doing it ONCE, but they'd have to be a masochist to want to replay the game and do it all over again

this game is eating at me. I started playing Atelier Meruru just for a break, but it is seriously bothering me that i havent gotten even half the material/GR in this game. If i didnt like the game, i would put it down and never think twice about it, but i do like it, its just that i cant deal with the mindnumbing repetitiveness.

when i play a game for several hours, or several days and STILL dont make decent progress, that is when i get seriously annoyed

the game added version updates and yet they never thought to add a quest that gave 6 figure GR?

6 Figure GR is NOT excessive either, i mean, if you think about it, that quest would still need to be completed 300 times in order to reach GR 26, but at least its gives the player some f***ing hope

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#28
for f*** sakes. I honestly dont think vellgander is possible to complete offline. The AI is so f***ing bad that unless your avatar is a mage/divine, you cant do a damn thing in here.

all game i have had my avatar as a melee (katana user), and i also use yulie as my healer (which she sucks at, as she tend to prioritize healing status effect before healing HP), and my third character is Eldore who is a mage (staff/elemental).

then i run into those goddamn restricted areas where elemental attacks are not allowed. Okay, fine, i will just equip eldore with Eclipse Gate. He uses it. Good. Then in the next stage its another "elemental magic restriction", and now he's physically attacking the whole f***ing time despite being ALLOWED to use non-elemental magic like Eclipse gate.

So since that f***ing stupid AI refuses to use the correct f***ing spells, i cant kill the damned skeletons. Even Yulie wont use her damned holy light.

im losing my goddamn f***ing mind here. I just want to f***ing level the f*** up. Why is this f***ing game so f***ing stupid

seriously, am i the only f***ing person to ever attempt this postgame OFFLINE? Cause ive read countless f***ing threads and nobody seems to have even bothered playing this game after the server went down

djruden
1 month ago#29
You might not be the only person to attempt this end game stuff but I can't imagine there's very many people. Most that would have wanted to play this game probably got to it shortly after release. You could always do some cheat to make your character stronger. I never did it but there were ppl online all over powered from cheating.

Otherwise I would say the post game stuff was probably created with the online mode in mind. Aside from that stuff, how did you enjoy the single player story side of the game?

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#30
djruden posted...
You might not be the only person to attempt this end game stuff but I can't imagine there's very many people. Most that would have wanted to play this game probably got to it shortly after release. You could always do some cheat to make your character stronger. I never did it but there were ppl online all over powered from cheating.

Otherwise I would say the post game stuff was probably created with the online mode in mind. Aside from that stuff, how did you enjoy the single player story side of the game?

ya i gave up on this game after my last post. I can understand about post game being significantly easier with online available, but i think i STILL would have been annoyed with this game even if online was still available. Like i mentioned, i dont know how people increased their GR, aside from repeatedly spamming the same mindnumbing quest over and over. If im not mistaken, they were required to do that even when Online was available.

The quests should have provided more GR, or at least lower the damn GR required for each consecutive level. THAT is what ruined the game for me. It was tedious and boring to level up the stupid GR

Overall however, i absolutely loved this game! It kinda reminded me of Rogue Galaxy + FF12 hybrid
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. skills guide/questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived