Are there breasts and sex in this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Are there breasts and sex in this game?

User Info: Shifter1178

Shifter1178
5 years ago#21
caramel_cod posted...
I hope they tone it down a bit from TW1. It seemed like everything with boobs wanted to polish Geralt's sword immediately, with the justification usually being "I already knew you before the events of the game" or "I've heard rumors about the White Wolf blahblahblah."

I mean, an old, sterile alcoholic monster hunter with the charisma of a brick should have a bit harder of a time finding sex than Geralt seems to. Though they definitely improved his looks in this one. (http://images.wikia.com/witcher/images/b/ba/Geralt_Triss_Vernon.png)

And what's with all of the women having such ridiculous cleavage you could store your inventory in it? Not that I'm complaining (The Elder Scrolls could learn some lessons from CDPR here), but some modesty would be nice once in a while.

Yeah that got annoying. I mean yea it's cool to be a famous dude that every woman wants to jump on..but it TW1 it was over the top.

I wonder how much it is toned down, if any. In that one review that someone posted yesterday or so, he says in there somewhere that Geralt still has is sexcipades..so I know it's still in there..just to what extent.

User Info: Micell

Micell
5 years ago#22
caramel_cod posted...
I mean, an old, sterile alcoholic monster hunter with the charisma of a brick should have a bit harder of a time finding sex than Geralt seems to. Though they definitely improved his looks in this one. (http://images.wikia.com/witcher/images/b/ba/Geralt_Triss_Vernon.png)

He had a lot of years to perfect his pickup lines and "techniques". Age doesn't matter,
thanks to being a Witcher and he is stronger, more agile and has more endurance than humans.
He is immune against all diseases and sterile, which makes him the perfect guy to commit
adultery with. Hell, if I weren't straight, I would have a go with him.
It takes a village to kill a village.
3DS FC: 2921 - 9072 - 1664

Shifter1178
5 years ago#23
Micell posted...
caramel_cod posted...

He had a lot of years to perfect his pickup lines and "techniques". Age doesn't matter,
thanks to being a Witcher and he is stronger, more agile and has more endurance than humans.
He is immune against all diseases and sterile, which makes him the perfect guy to commit
adultery with. Hell, if I weren't straight, I would have a go with him.

Hard to deny it when you put it that way.

User Info: Korlitek

Korlitek
5 years ago#24
The problem with toning down the sex is that sex sells. You aren't forced (for the most part) to take part in those scenes, so it really ends up being how you want it to be. If you don't think it should happen so often, don't do it so often. The people that do want it to happen often, though, will be more than happy to buy the game. And tell their little pervy friends. Then they'll tell their friends.. you see the cycle? Sex and options = more money.
[...] deviation takes away from optimum efficiency.
Optimum efficiency is the only way to have fun. -Jin Chonshu

User Info: Viiper

Viiper
5 years ago#25

The problem with toning down the sex is that sex sells. You aren't forced (for the most part) to take part in those scenes, so it really ends up being how you want it to be. If you don't think it should happen so often, don't do it so often. The people that do want it to happen often, though, will be more than happy to buy the game. And tell their little pervy friends. Then they'll tell their friends.. you see the cycle? Sex and options = more money.

But in this case how does sex sell? It's not like boobies are on the box its just Geralt looking like Geralt.
Gamer Tag: [ viiper ] 3DS [1977-0177-3689 (Viiper) (If you add me, message me w/ info) ]
Animal Crossing: City Folk [ Das in e 4942-1810-9471 ]

Shifter1178
5 years ago#26
Viiper posted...
But in this case how does sex sell? It's not like boobies are on the box its just Geralt looking like Geralt.

I agree here. I don't think CDR has in their minds at ALL that sex sells. This is why it works better in their game..They do it because that's how the character and world of The Witcher should be..not because it makes their game sell.

Korlitek
5 years ago#27
Viiper posted...

The cover of the box doesn't matter. Read my post. Word of mouth.

Shifter1178 posted...
I agree here. I don't think CDR has in their minds at ALL that sex sells. This is why it works better in their game..They do it because that's how the character and world of The Witcher should be..not because it makes their game sell.

I didn't say CDPR was putting the sex in to make it sell. I was saying they won't take it out BECAUSE it sells. You're exactly right, that's how the world is in the game's setting, so taking it out is a double fail. They don't properly reproduce the world, turning off the fans of the books, and they don't have teh bewbiez which I guarantee was a selling point of the first game for some people.

User Info: Gevauden

Gevauden
5 years ago#28
LOL the Dryad with the green private parts and nipples. I did her a couple hours ago and she hinted that she might be pregnant..

I wonder if my baby Dryad will show up in W2
APB I'm awaiting your resurrection

Korlitek
5 years ago#29
Gevauden posted...
LOL the Dryad with the green private parts and nipples. I did her a couple hours ago and she hinted that she might be pregnant..

I wonder if my baby Dryad will show up in W2

Geralt is sterile.

User Info: tobas1qt

tobas1qt
5 years ago#30

caramel_cod posted...

I mean, an old, sterile alcoholic monster hunter with the charisma of a brick should have a bit harder of a time finding sex than Geralt seems to.

Actualy i think it's because of books about Geralt and that most of charakters in game came originaly from books and it's not like he had even one female platonic-only relationship there. But he wasn't also -where are next boobs for me -personality that he has in my opinion in tw1 (or was it me?) - books all in total have something like 2000pages so he had just a lot of time to build his relationships, and actualy he was something like celebrity - monster killer with few widly known kills but mostly because of his conquest of female sorceresses and those were famous, loaded with cash and with top position at every kings council before mages rebelion. If you reeded book than you don't see Geralt from game as unatractive but strangely and unreasonably popular charakter - a sex scene with triss or shani was just a must

1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Are there breasts and sex in this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived