Can you play Witcher 2 without having played the first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Can you play Witcher 2 without having played the first?

User Info: OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT
6 years ago#1

Storyline wise, how much will I be missing out? I've never played the first one, perhaps someday I'll go back and play it, but I'd like to try out this one. If anything, should I just go back and read the plotline of the first game while I buy/download the sequel?

User Info: Cool_Z

Cool_Z
6 years ago#2
It'll be fine. You might not catch the significance of certain characters and how they relate to Geralt, and there's a few references to what happened in the first game... but it's not a major detail and overall you'll still enjoy the game. It's definitely a nice addition being able to appreciate what you have learned from the first game though.
This text occupies the signature section of my post.

User Info: r7gerrabbit

r7gerrabbit
6 years ago#3
It's fine.

But when I beat The Witcher 2 I'm going to go finish up my playthrough of The Witcher 1, import my save and play through this game a second time.
http://i.imgur.com/sKhEM.jpg

User Info: Outlaw_Marshall

Outlaw_Marshall
6 years ago#4
I never really knew anything about Witcher or Witcher 2 but after finding out its one of the last true PC only games I am going to buy both off Steam today and give them a try.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Can you play Witcher 2 without having played the first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived