Game runs terrible for me

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
  3. Game runs terrible for me

User Info: Liarboy

Liarboy
6 years ago#1
Putting everything on max, barring V-sync and AA, nets me like 20-25 frames if I'm lucky. I've tried putting everything on the lowest and it gives me like 3 extra frames. The game is simply unplayable like this, too low of a framerate and too much mouselag.

GTX 260
AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz
4 Gigs RAM

Is this game just poorly optimized or is something else wrong here?

User Info: Adamantium4k2

Adamantium4k2
6 years ago#2

Same here. The framerate is all over the place even on my Phenom II X4 940 and a pair of Radeon HD 4870s.

Its a bad port and needs patching.

User Info: Apolladan

Apolladan
6 years ago#3
It ran flawlessly maxed at 1920 x 1200 on my computer. Solid 60 FPS except for the second to last level where there's **** tons of smoke. And the explosion at the gas station.

Problems on your end.
E6750 | MSI P6N Platinum 650i | 4 GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 | Seagate Barracuda 320GB | ATI HD 5770 | Antec 900

User Info: Liarboy

Liarboy
6 years ago#4
It ran flawlessly maxed at 1920 x 1200 on my computer. Solid 60 FPS except for the second to last level where there's **** tons of smoke. And the explosion at the gas station.

Problems on your end.

Not necessarily... I've looked around and there is quite a few people having the same problem I'm having and they have completely different rigs.

User Info: 9841507

6 years ago#5

Could just be very CPU heavy or might not like your OS. I get a solid what feels like 60fps maxed with the highest level AA (4 or 8 I don't remember), 1680x1050, with a 260gtx maxcore 55, AMD Phenom X4 955 and 4gbs g.skill ram on Windows XP.

Beat the game with no issues. What Windows are you running, or try overclocking your CPU a bit though I don't truly belieive that would be the problem.

User Info: Selidos

Selidos
6 years ago#6
The game was kinds wonky for me. I'd occasionally get 45 fps while nothing special was happening then 60-80 when stuff was actually happening. Rarely did I ever get a solid 60 fps though, it liked to jump around rather sporadically.

GTX 275 (overclocked about 10% across the board)
Phenom II 955 running at 3.8 GHz
4GB RAM
Win 7 64

running at 1920 x 1080

User Info: AzumaNaroon

AzumaNaroon
6 years ago#7
Your CPU's are almost irrelevant because for whatever reason, the game only uses one core (wtf? It's 2010 for cryin' out loud). It looks like a direct port from the console versions, which explains the wonky optimization issues. K&L1 had its fair share of issues on the PC for the same reason. Dunno why IO Interactive thought this was a good idea but oh well. I'll probably get it on the PS3 some time later since a few friends wanna play it.

"Isn't September 11th the day that Israel blew up the White House?"
- NejiKusa

User Info: Th3_Gray_Ghost

Th3_Gray_Ghost
6 years ago#8

I ran it Maxed out, It never dipped below 60FPS for me.

Q9300, GTX 465, 4G RAM, windows 7 64.

User Info: Adamantium4k2

Adamantium4k2
6 years ago#9
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
  1. Boards
  2. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
  3. Game runs terrible for me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived