What the difference between Resident evil 5 and the gold edition?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
  3. What the difference between Resident evil 5 and the gold edition?

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
7 years ago#1

I was wondering what are the extra things in the resident evil 5 gold editions? I am thinking of getting resident evil 5 gold editions but would like to know the difference between the gold edition and the normal edition.

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
7 years ago#2

Bump

Another question, will my old save data of resident evil 5 work with the gold edition?

User Info: SSBBisawesome

SSBBisawesome
7 years ago#3
Yes, your save file from RE5 will work with RE5:Gold Edition.

In Gold Edition, you get the main game, two new scenarios to play through (One called Lost in Nightmares where you control Chris/Jill, and one called Desperate Escape where you control Jill/Josh), the new Mercenaries Reunion mode (New playable characters such as Rebecca, Barry, Excella, Josh, as well as 4 new Chris/Sheva costumes), and Versus Mode.

So all in all, it's not a bad deal for $50. If you get the PS3 version it all comes on the disc. If you get the 360 version you have to download all of it.

Hope this helped :)
GT: Vgameman
psn: vgameman15

SSBBisawesome
7 years ago#4
Also, if you dont want to shell out the extra cash for the disc version, you can just download all of it. All in all, that would cost you around $14.

User Info: megal0maniak

megal0maniak
7 years ago#5
Does anyone know if the Gold edition will include the regular Mercenaries mode. I already know about Mercenaries Reunion, but I'm hoping the original is on the disc too.

SSBBisawesome
7 years ago#6
Yes, the original is still included.

User Info: megal0maniak

megal0maniak
7 years ago#7
Thanks for the answer SSBBisawesome. That is great news indeed. :)

User Info: blackheart6270

blackheart6270
7 years ago#8
yes everything B said is true but it'll cost u around ALMOST $19.00 to buy the DLC in the PSN Store, my best idea would just get the Gold Edition.
I am ur Creator and ur Destroyer, >_< MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

User Info: Licoaldo

Licoaldo
7 years ago#9
So if I own the original game, can I just purchase DLC and have everything Gold Edition has to offer?

User Info: punkrocker163

punkrocker163
7 years ago#10
Yes.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
  3. What the difference between Resident evil 5 and the gold edition?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived