Will there be a GOTY edition?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sleeping Dogs
  3. Will there be a GOTY edition?

User Info: Captain_NES

Captain_NES
4 years ago#1
Downloaded the demo and loved it. I want to buy it but don't feel like downloading the DLC (anti DLC), so what are the odds of Sleeping Dogs getting a GOTY edition?
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!

User Info: EdgeofLethe

EdgeofLethe
4 years ago#2
It's kind of hard to say. I don't think it moved quite enough units to be a guaranteed candidate for GOTY treatment. S-E might think they've tapped out the market despite the DLC being received fairly well.

As it stands, we're still only half-way through S-E's guaranteed DLC support (IIRC, they said there would be at least 6 months with active DLC rolling out). So, you might be in for a long wait.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

Captain_NES
4 years ago#3
EdgeofLethe posted...
It's kind of hard to say. I don't think it moved quite enough units to be a guaranteed candidate for GOTY treatment. S-E might think they've tapped out the market despite the DLC being received fairly well.

As it stands, we're still only half-way through S-E's guaranteed DLC support (IIRC, they said there would be at least 6 months with active DLC rolling out). So, you might be in for a long wait.

Well since GTA V got delayed, this game moved up a few spots on my list. The DLC looks fun though especially the kung fu tournament one.

User Info: EdgeofLethe

EdgeofLethe
4 years ago#4
Move it up your list, buddy. This game is great. I understand not wanting to download DLC, but you might never get a GOTY edition with everything on disc (even if there is one, they don't always put them on a disc, right).
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

User Info: Gnomestone

Gnomestone
4 years ago#5
I am almost positive there will not be a complete edition. Just my opinion, but I'd recommend you not wait for a complete edition that is not coming.

User Info: AlphusUltimus

AlphusUltimus
4 years ago#6
doubt it. even thq barely crapped out a complete edition for saints row before they went under.
X360 GT: AlphaUltima
PSN ID: AlphusUltimus

Captain_NES
4 years ago#7
Thanks for the input guys, I'll be picking it up soon. I have played that demo quite a bit and love it.
  1. Boards
  2. Sleeping Dogs
  3. Will there be a GOTY edition?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived