CPU mercs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Eternal_X_Cloud

Eternal_X_Cloud
4 years ago#1
How the HELL do I unlock the MF-ers? Google (yes google) is a damn ghost town for answers on this.

Also, is there a specific list somewhere that I am just unable to find with what missions they are located in?

I know tat I have to beat them in story or order mode, but I've already taken a couple out and the hire CPU merc option still says none are available.

Am I doing something wrong?

User Info: Gripheenix

Gripheenix
4 years ago#2
Firstly, are you trying to hire them for other story/order missions? I'm sorry if it seems like a silly question, but it's one that has to be asked. If yes, then it's never going to be an option. CPU mercs are only allowed on territory missions. (Though, I recommend finding live mercs, if you intend on actually fighting. They can do burn missions well enough, but when it comes down to taking down an actual player, they usually just get in your way.)

It is worth noting that, yes, you do have to defeat them in story and order missions, but even after you do that, unless you completed certain sidequests in certain story missions (I believe there is a FAQ/guide for this, somewhere.) there will still be one or two that you will not have access too. Also, if I recall correctly, the pool of CPU mercs you have to choose from depends on the time of day. The ones at noon will differ from the ones at midnight. So, it is possible, if you've only defeated one or two of them, that they may not be available to the time slot you're playing on.

Lastly, and I apologize if this sounds like another silly question, but you are playing online, with all the patches, right? My memory is a little fuzzy, as release was quite some time ago, but I don't actually think that hiring CPU mercs was possible before the patches. (I know for a fact that the 'search stronghold' option was not there. Yay for matchmaking based on RNG! >_>) Again, I'm probably very wrong about that, as I played for maybe a week before putting it down (my team decided to quit), only to pick it back up a few months later, after all the patches had been handed out.

If none of that is the case, then it may be possible that you need to complete either more story, or more order missions.
Monster Hunter: Stuff (NID: Gripheenix) / PSN: Rakiokon
Find me on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gripheenix

Eternal_X_Cloud
4 years ago#3
Gripheenix posted...
Firstly, are you trying to hire them for other story/order missions? I'm sorry if it seems like a silly question, but it's one that has to be asked. If yes, then it's never going to be an option. CPU mercs are only allowed on territory missions. (Though, I recommend finding live mercs, if you intend on actually fighting. They can do burn missions well enough, but when it comes down to taking down an actual player, they usually just get in your way.)

It is worth noting that, yes, you do have to defeat them in story and order missions, but even after you do that, unless you completed certain sidequests in certain story missions (I believe there is a FAQ/guide for this, somewhere.) there will still be one or two that you will not have access too. Also, if I recall correctly, the pool of CPU mercs you have to choose from depends on the time of day. The ones at noon will differ from the ones at midnight. So, it is possible, if you've only defeated one or two of them, that they may not be available to the time slot you're playing on.

Lastly, and I apologize if this sounds like another silly question, but you are playing online, with all the patches, right? My memory is a little fuzzy, as release was quite some time ago, but I don't actually think that hiring CPU mercs was possible before the patches. (I know for a fact that the 'search stronghold' option was not there. Yay for matchmaking based on RNG! >_>) Again, I'm probably very wrong about that, as I played for maybe a week before putting it down (my team decided to quit), only to pick it back up a few months later, after all the patches had been handed out.

If none of that is the case, then it may be possible that you need to complete either more story, or more order missions.

I know they are only avail for territory missions...that's all I was going to use them for. Pretty much cannon fodder.

I do have all the patches as well. I even dl'ed the dlc with the retextures, so I have all dlc/patches available. I am also playing online.

I read somewhere that you have to beat/destroy an npc AC to be able to use them, and so far, I've massacred every one I've come across.

As it stands now, I am in story 05 and order 16. I plan on doing order missions for a bit tonight to see if that changes anything.

As for the suggestion of live mercs, that would be grand if I actually lived stateside right now. I am currently residing in Tokyo, so the time change is a bi*ch. It would be great if people could join my group/clan/team/whatever, but until then I'll have to rely on npc's...if I ever get the damn chance to use them...

Eternal_X_Cloud
4 years ago#4
Just booted up and logged in. I have 1 available (zeee). None of the other are available, so ill see what happens as I progress.

User Info: legendrider

legendrider
4 years ago#5
Ah, so time of day DOES affect the mercs available.
I always wondered why some were missing at certain time while playing...
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived