Can I use a controller to play this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. VVVVVV
  3. Can I use a controller to play this game?

User Info: Bruceky

Bruceky
7 years ago#1
I remember playing a demo of this game a while back and liked it but hated playing with the keyboard. Is it possible to play this game with a controller. I usually play with my wired 360 controller and it work great for all games that have access to joypad play.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bruceky

User Info: EvilTrash

EvilTrash
7 years ago#2
It would be much more difficult with a controller. You only need to use 3 buttons for this game, and they are much more responsive on the keyboard than any controller will ever be. Plus, you need to make incredibly fast adjustments between left & right, you just can't do that with one finger on a d-pad or thumbstick the way you can with two fingers on the left & right arrow keys. I highly recommend playing with a keyboard.

User Info: SpaceAgeSamurai

SpaceAgeSamurai
7 years ago#3
First off, I do have a gamepad for my computer, because there are certain games that just work better that way ... but I would have to agree that this isn't exactly one of them.

That said, I can't remember if the game directly allows gamepad support, but even if it doesn't, I'm sure you could use a program like JoyToKey (http://electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm) to bind the gamepad buttons to the proper keys for this game if it's really that important to you (though, I would heartily recommend giving the keyboard controls a fair shake, first).
When all else fails, read the instructions.
  1. Boards
  2. VVVVVV
  3. Can I use a controller to play this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived